Forum Replies Created

Page 933 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    July 2, 2008 at 6:34 pm in reply to: Why aren’t Craig and Don being responsible?

    I humbly accept the nomination but perhaps superdelegates Kathy and Ron are occupied or haven’t made an endorsement yet. There’s something to be said for waiting for the cows to come home.

    Nonetheless, I’ll continue to help the grazers.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 2, 2008 at 6:26 pm in reply to: mpeg size in compressor

    Last I checked MPEG1 size is limited in Compressor.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 1, 2008 at 7:40 pm in reply to: YouTube + High Quality H.264 = junky video?

    [Alan Williams] “I’m pretty sure youtube chooses who and what has high quality playback”

    Not really anymore. Give them a good encode and the viewer has the choice between standard and high quality viewing. I can’t remember the threshold offhand but it’s simply meeting a spec. They don’t choose.

    [Alan Williams] ” From what i read you download their uploader (PC only)then you can add 1 gig files.”

    Works on Mac too. I download their utility which is called “Google Updater” in my Apps folder and it includes YouTube Uploader 1.0.23

  • Craig Seeman

    July 1, 2008 at 6:46 pm in reply to: Ooops! Dropped the SxS card into …

    [Steve Wargo] “I dropped a pager into a toilet once and it worked after 3 days. Initially, we lightly blew it out with compressed air. “

    Please tell me you cleaned it. At least it wasn’t a cell phone. BTW my very first tech job was repairing pagers so this one made me cringe.

    [Steve Wargo] “A friend of mine dropped a full size, consumer S-VHS camera into a river” [Steve Wargo] “He sold it right away on E-Bay”

    A lesson to all those looking for camera bargains on E-Bay

  • Craig Seeman

    July 1, 2008 at 6:40 pm in reply to: Importing to FCPS2

    [Juan Martinez] “XDCAM_EX_Log_and_Transfer_Plugin_1_0_0(2).dmg “

    If only it were a link. The only place I’ve found it is on Sony Canada’s site.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 30, 2008 at 2:46 pm in reply to: 1080i60 to 480i or 486i for broadcast delivery

    Chris, normally I shoot 1080p30 for my corporate work. Since the video is sports oriented (fast action) and for broadcast and wanted the ability to use as an HD spot, my choices were 720p60 or 1080i60 (by my thinking).

    Many of the channels the client will advertise on are HD but they still only accept SD delivery for advertising locally though. I’m sure that’ll change soon as even the local cable stations are moving to HD.

    Obviously I want to edit this on an SD timeline for the reasons you mention. If there’s a need for an HD version we’ll recut since we won’t have the “framing” tricks available.

    BTW I shot 1080i over 720p60 because ultimately I wanted even greater flexibility to repo the framing as you allude to. Not sure if this will create havoc with fine lines though.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 30, 2008 at 2:37 pm in reply to: 1080i60 to 480i or 486i for broadcast delivery

    [David Roth Weiss] “The fields are automatically shifted for you”

    Thanks David, This is one of the things I was unsure about. I wasn’t sure I could trust FCP “field flipping.”

    DGFastchannel prefers upper field first (although my experience tells me that’s not required).

    If I decide to work in 8 bit Uncompressed or Apple Pro Res I’m wondering if it’s “safe” to set fields to upper. One concern I have, as an experienced DGFastchannel customer, is that they seem to be “prone” to finding judder/interlace issues where there seem to be none. Their QC procedure is a mystery.

    As you might note I’m a forum moderator for Telestream Episode and the single biggest “off list” complaint is DG rejecting spots for judder. It’s not an Episode issue. I can confirm that. So I’m ultra cautious about field/interlace issues.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 30, 2008 at 1:58 pm in reply to: FTP delivery

    DGFastchannel has specs for spot delivery. As part of the service they’ll QC your workflow to make sure you’re meeting spec.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 30, 2008 at 1:55 pm in reply to: Importing to FCPS2

    Install Sony XDCAM Transfer tool 2.7.

  • Craig Seeman

    June 30, 2008 at 1:44 pm in reply to: 1080i60 to 480i or 486i for broadcast delivery

    Any suggested workflow?

Page 933 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy