Forum Replies Created

Page 931 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 1:59 pm in reply to: SxS to blu ray

    Clip Browser 2 now has a CRC error checking option so apparently there can be errors when copying. I believe ShotPutExpress also does error checking.

    This from CB2 manual:
    For greater copy reliability, you can enable the CRC
    (cyclic redundancy check) error check option. However,
    copy operations take longer to complete when this option
    is enabled.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 5:40 am in reply to: EX1 – suitable for fast paced action?

    I’ve been shooting Tennis without any problems. I’ve seen some soccer (futbol) video though where I can see the background vertical lines “bend” when the camera tracks a running player.

    I don’t think the long GOP is an issue at all as far as I can see. I think plenty of people are using XDCAM (as well as EX) to shoot sports and the codec is VERY HARD to break (in fact I can’t as of yet). If you’re shooting sports you should shoot 720p60(50PAL) or 1080i59.94(50PAL). I haven’t seen the image “go soft” (sign the codec can’t handle the data rate) under those circumstances.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 5:12 am in reply to: Clip Browser 2 and Canada First again

    and a bit YIPEE for those who’ve ever had to suffer through “orphaned” MP4 files.

    With ClipBrowser 2.0 you can import an “orphaned” EX MP4 and it’ll create a new viable BPAV folder that XDCAM Transfer Mac 2.7 has no problem understanding.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 4:32 am in reply to: Welcome Craig Seeman!

    Thanks for such a Moooving tribute to my “capitation.” As my first act as CineAlta floating head I’ve posted the link to Clip Browser 2 above.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 15, 2008 at 7:47 pm in reply to: Software Update for PDW-U1 out yet?

    Still shows Firmware 1.0 on DL sites.

    I heard a rumor that ClipBrowser 2.0 shout be available in the next few days so maybe there’s a few XDCAM related updates coming soon.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 15, 2008 at 6:52 pm in reply to: XD storage Card – To PC Hard Drive – To FCP 6

    Matt, why not post the step by step if you can. It’ll help folks know what you did just in case they bump into a similar situation.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 11, 2008 at 2:52 pm in reply to: footage archive options?

    8GB +R DL-DVD $2.50

  • Craig Seeman

    July 9, 2008 at 9:56 pm in reply to: footage archive options?

    [Dave Matthis] “Cost of Sony PDW-U1 XDCAM drive is $3000”

    Under $2500 AFIAK.

    [Dave Matthis] “It apparently handles XDCAM media files only. Great for footage, but not for other files generated in post. “

    Note true at all. With the firmware upgrade it can store ANYTHING (including P2 for example). The complete disk can be used as data storage of any kind.

  • Fluorescent sun with a 3200°K color temperature that changes rapidly. We have a country on Earth called with the same name, Iceland, as your planet. The Sony sells the EX1 on your planet too?

    All kidding aside

    Do you have such video you could show us? Are you getting rapid color temp changes due to some celestial phenomena or maybe reflections from something or rapidly moving clouds. I’m a bit bewildered.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 8, 2008 at 3:54 pm in reply to: footage archive options?

    I’m using DL-DVD at the moment for archive. You ABSOLUTELY MUST make sure you’re using TOP RATED media if you’re archiving to optical.

    Verbatim 95123 R+ DL-DVD. Inkjet printable. I surface print shoot and client info.

Page 931 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy