Forum Replies Created

Page 930 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    July 21, 2008 at 4:12 pm in reply to: Sony EX1 workflow

    I use Clip Browser to split the BPAV from 16GB card to back up to DL-DVD. Not needed for 8GB cards.

    Clip Browser 1 had an issue that when selecting 8GB as the split point for DL-DVD it actually split it at that point. Unfortunately DL-DVD holds about 7.9GB (I think 7.95 actually).

    Clip Browser 2 now has a DL-DVD selection in the pull down when splitting which, although shows a ghosted 8.5GB, which is what you’ll see DL-DVD labeled as, actually does split at 7.9GB (so far I’ve only tested this a couple of times though)

    What I do is first use Clip Browser to copy the file on to my hard drive. I then split that BPAV into 2 as per above and back those up to DL-DVD.

    I use Verbatim 95123 hub printable. Not all DL-DVD are the same BTW so get only “pemium” rated DVDs. After archiving to DL-DVD I print Client name, shoot date, disk number if more than one, format (MP4 but there have been times it’s MOV and I also use AVCHD for one such camera we use).

  • Craig Seeman

    July 21, 2008 at 3:11 pm in reply to: Sony EX1 workflow

    Don’t forget XDCAM Transfer Tool. Best to get latest version 2.7 due to bug fixes.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 20, 2008 at 3:26 pm in reply to: copy file from ex1

    That is a very broad question. Try reading the XDCAM Transfer PDF Manual. Then when you attempt, if you get stuck on a specific step, we can help.

    If you really need to learn the entire workflow there’s some good training DVDs out there.
    One EX1 workflow DVD by a regular COW participant is this
    https://www.callboxlive.com/resources/?p=55

  • Craig Seeman

    July 20, 2008 at 2:48 pm in reply to: EX1 “Cannot Proceed”

    The Direct Menu choices are All, Part, Off. It’s probably set to All. Set it to Part and you’ll be able to use the switches, eliminating that error message.

    I believe Part allows you to use the joy/toggle switch to change some functions on the LCD whereas Off means you must go into the menus to change all functions. All puts more control on the joy/toggle switch but kills the other switches in the process.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 20, 2008 at 4:19 am in reply to: mac laptop for ex1 on the road

    You can connect the EX1 to MacBook via USB. Transfer speed will only be about 4x or maybe a little slower but otherwise it should work. This of course means you’ll have to stop shooting to transfer. You can buy Sony’s card reader but you’ll need to plug that in to power to use.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 17, 2008 at 3:23 pm in reply to: Sony PMW-EX1 – Auto Focus Issues

    A good example of why this type of auto focus is desirable as oppose to the kind that changes/hunts instantly – shooting sports in which the object you’re tracking is intermittently passing behind other objects.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 10:36 pm in reply to: Welcome Don Greening!

    Let’s not forget that it’s Don’s secret powers that results in Sony Canada getting all the EX Software updates first.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 10:34 pm in reply to: mac laptop for ex1 on the road

    I went the 15″ MacBookPro route. If you keep it fit and trim you can even use the internal drive. If you get an external you might consider one that can be firewire buss powered. Also back up to DL-DVD (although that won’t be fast).

  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 4:09 pm in reply to: low bit rate

    I’ve done this too. It depends on the client. If it’s “talking head” stuff (low motion, few fx) it may hold up. You can do Dual Layer DVD but I’d be concerned about playback compatibility issues.

    If there’s even the smallest concern about quality go to two disks.

    BTW you can certainly do a test over a “demanding” section at your targeted bit rate and see how it looks before committing to the entire 2 hours 45 minutes.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 16, 2008 at 2:06 pm in reply to: XDCAM / MPEG IMX Import-Export

    Not sure if any of these MXF importers will work specifically but you can always download trial versions free.
    https://www.flip4mac.com/pro.htm
    You don’t mention anything about versions of software you’re using so you may well have version compatibility issues.

Page 930 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy