Forum Replies Created

Page 131 of 1040
  • [Gary Huff] “I mean, aren’t the GeekBench scores not that super-impressive for the entry-level 4-core Mac Pro over a ’08-’10 Mac Pro?”

    2013 MacPro vs older models? I suspect the ’08 would lag far behind in many functions since it was ’09 were the “virtual” cores happened. GeekBench doesn’t measure GPU and that’s where the New MacPros shine. FCPX will take advantage of the addition GPU resources. Of course it may not make that much of a difference in some routine things… relative the price.

    What would be interesting would be if there were an updated quad i7 MacMini with Haswell and Iris. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if that was competitive with a 2008 4 core MacPro in many areas.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 23, 2013 at 3:33 pm in reply to: Compressor 4.1

    Repair Disk Permissions. Create New Admin account and test there.
    That’ll confirm whether it’s a user or system issue.
    I do think that maybe Compressor is having issues creating it’s own default directories. Please read my previous post.

  • It’s hard to say what’s best for someone without a complete picture but if, for example, one is looking at a 2008 MacPro for $700 and maybe the need for an AMD 5770 for $250 for a total of $950, one might compare that to current Quad i7 MacMini although with the need to buy external storage. The Mini is still using the Intel HD4000 GPU as they haven’t been upgraded to Haswell chips and Intel Iris GPU. Given the comparison the 2008 MacPro might be a good deal even if it only holds one over for a year or two if an OS/FCPX update obsoletes it.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 22, 2013 at 3:26 pm in reply to: Premiere to FCPX. Should i??????

    If you look in the App Store you’ll find a number of Blu-Ray authoring programs. They’re pretty much along the lines of iDVD though but if you need graphic menus and chapter markers they seem to be there.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 22, 2013 at 3:19 pm in reply to: Premiere to FCPX. Should i??????

    Your list should be a sticky someplace.
    It’s a great short overview of what you should expect and be aware of when jumping into FCPX for the first time.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 21, 2013 at 3:17 pm in reply to: New to Wirecast

    Update OS to 10.8.5 or 10.9.1
    Update Wirecast to 5.0.1
    Update Blackmagic driver to 9.9.3
    Repair Disk Permissions.
    Reboot.

    Check camera in Blackmagic Media Express first.
    If you don’t see it there then it’s your camera settings or your Blackmagic driver settings.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 20, 2013 at 7:07 pm in reply to: A step backwards

    I think the Library function is going to be a major step forward for most facilities to consider FCPX.
    I don’t doubt there were a few beta testers that were facilities based.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 20, 2013 at 6:01 pm in reply to: Anybody HAPPY?

    I like what I see. I just wish there was more to see and like.
    Most disappointed about lack of improvements to Color Board stuff and Roles as well.
    The Libraries was badly needed though. I have a hunch that FxPlug 3 is going to be huge step forward for plugin development and UI and that’s where we’ll see some improved Toys.
    There are lots of nice little things… just not 14 months worth of them.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm in reply to: What in the name of Jupiter?

    I was expecting multiple scopes visible to take advantage of the new GPUs.
    Not there.
    I still can’t have Vector, Waveform, RGB Parade open at the same time.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 19, 2013 at 9:16 pm in reply to: er, is that it?

    Not much to add to all this except after something like 14 months I expected a bit more new and improved features. 14 months must have been a major challenge doing all that under the hood work apparently.

    In about 10 weeks we’ll have some bug fixes.
    Another 10 weeks beyond we may finally get a few more features.
    Looks like NAB or so before they add new features.
    Sigh.

Page 131 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy