Forum Replies Created

Page 152 of 282
  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm in reply to: Oh, one more thing…

    [Oliver Peters] “The reality is that they probably can’t produce 17″ Retina displays in any sort of yield or at a realistic price point. The 15″ is 2880 wide at 220dpi. That’s a 30” screen crammed down to a laptop size.
    “

    I get it. I just like the extra real estate in terms of size.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 7:18 pm in reply to: The Storm

    [Jeremy Garchow] “The Apple store is still down, but if you click on “Mac”, they have the new MBPs featured, but same ole MacPro page.
    “

    You’ll also notice that they reference the changes to the “rest of the MBP line” which they detail as the 13 and 15 inch.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm in reply to: Apple Store is down!

    [Craig Seeman] “Our last hope that the MacPro will be updated when the store opens despite no stage time.
    Apparently developers don’t use MacPros anymore.
    “

    I’m looking at what Apple has now posted about the New MBP and “the rest of the MBP family” which it lists as the 13″ and the 15″. So, looks like the 17″ is dead.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 7:06 pm in reply to: Oh, one more thing…

    [Chris Conlee] “Umm, nope.
    “

    Well, yeah. As I’m poking around it looks like the 17″ MBP is dead.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 9:00 am in reply to: The calm before the storm

    [Tim Wilson] “spring for the deluxe edition.”

    Already did. The arrangement and mix on Climax–which is all I’ve heard so far–is pretty cool, so I’m hoping to pick up a few tips here and there. They do some neat things with strings.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 4:13 am in reply to: The calm before the storm

    [Jeremy Garchow] “I just want to say, good luck everyone, we’re all counting on you.

    “

    Weirdly, I am actually more interested in the Usher album coming out on Tuesday than any announcements tomorrow. I find that puzzling, but it seems to be the case.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 9, 2012 at 5:48 am in reply to: New Mac Pro

    [TImothy Auld] “[Walter Soyka] “a bit surprised at the resistance here to the idea of hedging the bet.”

    I don’t know how you survive in this business without hedging your bets.

    Tim”

    Word, that.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 9, 2012 at 2:02 am in reply to: Best Mac Pro Speculation Article I’ve Seen

    Agreed! Thanks for posting.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 9, 2012 at 1:41 am in reply to: New Mac Pro

    [Walter Soyka] “and I’m frankly a bit surprised at the resistance here to the idea of hedging the bet.”

    I’ve always thought that it was because of the isolation. Historically, Apple folk always had separate stores, conventions and magazines (Remember when magazines mattered?) and there was just really no sense of what was going on on the other side of the partition. I remember when the the Superdrive was introduced, and all my Mac friends were really hyped on it. I kept trying to figure out what was so super until I realized that there wasn’t anything, that it was just a dual layer drive, and that Apple was finally introducing them–far later than everyone else–to their hardware. I’d had a couple in various machines for at least a year, but the isolation was so complete that they all thought they were getting stunning new–and very super–hardware.

    The Internet has broken down a lot of this isolation, but the ghost of it is still around for many–that vague feeling that Windows is another continent, across a wide ocean.

  • [Jeremy Garchow] “Alright.

    I’m missing it.

    I think of Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod as three smoke stacks of a factory in or around Lansing, Michigan.
    “

    Let Walt tell you:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxBXzf9W0M

    And then Buffy will sing to you:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub-XetKYDBw

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

Page 152 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy