Forum Replies Created

Page 190 of 258
  • Charlie Austin

    September 20, 2013 at 4:09 pm in reply to: X2Premiere?

    I did some tests recently while doing some bug hunting with Intellegant Assistance, and Xto7 works pretty well going to Pr with a couple caveats. Also, I have zero experience trying it with multi cam clips which may be where the issue crops up. The suggestion to go to 7 first is a good one, and made the import work much better. The biggest issue I came across was that if you have multichannel audio source in your xml, Pr only recognizes ch1-4. It will add all the tracks to the timeline, but, in my case, ch5-6 were just copies of ch3-4. Maybe the same with multi cam?

    Also, FWIW, the XMP thing is fixed in the latest versions of adobe apps. Checked that too. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm in reply to: Does the Pope edit?

    [Bill Davis] “Does the Pope edit?”

    No. But I’ve heard he smokes dope.

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm in reply to: Ios7

    “[Jeremy Garchow]” It’s like working in X for a while and then going back to 7. I feel cuffed and things move much more slowly.

    [Chris Harlan] “Totally agree, but with one small rewrite:

    It’s like working in Media Composer or Premiere for a while and then going back to 7. I feel cuffed and things move much more slowly.”

    Thank god! Back on topic. 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm in reply to: Ios7

    [Jeremy Garchow] “It is not the most cohesive design I have seen Apple put forth, “

    Agreed, but it’s pretty slick, and I’m sure the tweaks will come as we move along

    [Jeremy Garchow] “The performance has been great on an iPhone 5 and iPad 2. It is more fluid than iOS6.”

    FWIW, it’s really nice on my 4S as well…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 19, 2013 at 3:42 pm in reply to: Ios7

    [Julian Bowman] “but creative cow website no longer fits on a safari page “

    The CC mobile site on iPhone won’t fit at all, and can’t be resized. Not sure I blame the OS though, probably some markup needs to be rewritten for the site…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 18, 2013 at 4:57 am in reply to: Apple’s aesthetic skills went off the rails

    [John Davidson] ” I suggest you guys try two things. Go into settings/accessibility and turn on “Larger Type” (I drag it about a bump to the right of center) and also turn on ‘Bold Text”. Leave ‘reduce motion’ and ‘increase contrast’ off.”

    I concur… I’ve been running it for a while too, and that’s what also I’m telling everyone. Unsurprisingly, I like it too. 🙂 Although it takes a little getting used to. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 15, 2013 at 10:13 pm in reply to: Interesting presentation….

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “I think he’s just another guy on the doorstep selling something.”

    I agree with ya there. And honestly, I didn’t put this up because he talks about X, though some may see only that part… 😉 It was more his central point about how things are changing, and the resistance to said change in some quarters. It’s really only in the past year that we consistently get feature elements from the studios on HDD rather than a bunch of tapes. IOW, the Titanic, on which I am a passenger (steerage), turns very slowly. The one interesting thing about X he brought up was at about 14:30.. How X is built as an asset manager that has a timeline VS a timeline that has an asset manager. Clearly, we’re still in the process of discovering how that’s gonna work out… 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 12, 2013 at 12:54 am in reply to: “1 afternoon FCPX equals one week AVID Unity”

    [Neil Goodman] “But what good is all that timesaving on the upfront if everything comes to a crawl in the actual edit. After now spending what i would consider an ample amount of time in X’s timeline, i can say with extreme confidence the other NLE’s edit better for my style of cutting“

    Fixed it for ya. 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [Santiago Martí] “The only reason to buy the new MacPro is OSX. It will be really expensive.”

    You’ve got pricing info? Cool… how much does it cost?

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    September 8, 2013 at 6:50 am in reply to: Zoom in Event viewer and widescreen matte

    [Sascha Engel] “1. If I am examining a long clip in the event viewer, and I it’s a very long, the In and out point is so close together, that I cannot grab the clip. Can I zoom into the film strip in the event viewe?”

    Yes, but not in list view. Switch to Filmstrip view and you can zoom in to the sample level. I’ve mapped the buttons to a couple f-keys to pop in and out of different views.

    [Sascha Engel] “2. I have imported Widescreen Anamorphic Pal footage, which in FCP 7, I could tell the program to interpret it differently and it would show it letterboxed. Can I change these things also in X – like Aspect Ratio, Field Dominance and so on?”

    Yes as well. In the inspector you change some properties in the Spatial Conform panel of the “video” settings. For interlacing/field settings look under the “Info” tab…choose the settings view to show them all.

    [Sascha Engel] ” I want to letterbox footage, but I do not seem to find the hand FCP legacy Matte Video filter, where you could choose different Aspect Ratios for standard Mattes.”

    Search for “letterbox” in the effects browser, it’s there. Although…maybe I downloaded it somewhere. I know there’s a nice free filter from Alex4d which google will find for you.

    edit: Go here… https://blog.alex4d.com/fcpx/ grab the adjustment layer and whtver else you need. At least the adjustment layer though, as you can drop the letterbox filter on that and you can then reframe the shot’s in the matte. There are a bunch of free filters out there that will let you do this by effecting the clip, but effecting the adjustment layer is the way to go IMHO…

    [Sascha Engel] “4. When I keyframe things, can I chose the interpolation – e.g. Bezier, linear and so on? Seems you only have that choice with fade in & outs in Audio?”

    I don’t do a lot of video key framing, but I don’t think that function is uh… finished. I think there is a away to do it in a rudimentary way, but hopefully someone else will chime in. And Hopefully Apple will improve it. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

Page 190 of 258

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy