Charlie Austin
Forum Replies Created
-
[Chris Harlan] “Too many people will have too many uses for the colors, so I think they will remain–for me–“hey, notice this!” the tags, though–logging all elements to a job so that if they move beyond folders they can still be traced to a particular show?! That’s great.”
I think that’s probably the best way to go… Colors stay colors for quick visual reference and actual user created tags for whatever you want.
You could probably make smart folders to “collect” tags too.
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[John Davidson] “Odd though, some of the files I dropbox tagged last night didn’t come across to a different computer with dropbox also on it. Not quite sure why..”
FWIW, there’s a new version of Drop Box out… maybe that’ll help?
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Jeremy Garchow] “I wish the developers would make an fcpx consolidation tool.”
Bug them about it… I have. 🙂
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Michael Gissing] ” I would love it if the X2Pro people gave an OMF option to make the export much more universal and solid to all NLEs. There is advantage in EOL software.”
Agreed. I wish I was a programmer type nerd,as it seems like something one could make a few bucks from… Though I think there’s some sort of licensing fee to support OMF, maybe just rumor…
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Michael Gissing] “Fairlight. To buy the AAF option costs $500, something I am reluctant to buy as I don’t need anything that an AAF offers over OMF which is solid”
Gotcha. FWIW, X2Pro only officially targets ProTools, but it works real well with Logic, and I think Nuendo. There are a few other apps that will open X2Pro AAF’s, I guess AE is another one… lol
I wouldn’t use the LE version for anything professional. No control over Role arrangement (though it does group them) and no ability to trim clips with handles. It sounds like a case of wrong tool for the job, and operator error. I imagine an OMF out of FCP 7 or Pr from these guys would have looked just as messed up, but who knows.
I know it’s immaterial, but I’ve had great success with X2Pro. Flawlessly organizes tracks based on Role, nicely trims handles, and opens right up. It really sounds like, software issues aside, whoever prepped/cut this messed it up.
The fact that OMF isn’t part of X is a valid critique. But I don’t think X2Pro was the problem here based on my experience.
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Michael Gissing] “Tried everything to load the AAF “
What DAW do you mix on?
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Chris Harlan] “Exactly what part of Nondisclosure Agreement do yo not understand?!”
Wait, I was supposed to read that thing?… lol
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Chris Harlan] “but I would be even more impressed if it were used for open heart surgery.”
I’m really not supposed to say this, but I heard the next version of X will, in fact, be able to perform surgery. It will require a new Mac Pro, an unreleased version of OS X, a lot of Thunderbolt cables, and a Medical degree. But it mostly works.
————————————————————-
~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Oliver Peters] “What do you mean by “something odd”?”
Just… odd. 🙂
————————————————————-~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~ -
[Oliver Peters] “Actually, I was just able to reproduce it on a completely different system with different media.
1. Take an MOS clip, Open In Timeline, connect an audio track to it.
2. Edit that modified clip as a connected clip or a storyline clip to the project you are editing and then detach audio.
3. Delete/remove the dangling connected audio from the timeline.
4. Match-frame attempts on that clip will now fail.”Interesting. I just performed the same steps and It did something odd in the process.
————————————————————-~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~