Forum Replies Created

Page 182 of 258
  • Charlie Austin

    October 22, 2013 at 12:41 am in reply to: Title slate from my latest FCP-X home movie!

    [Chris Harlan] “I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve ever heard you refer to X a “wicked fast.”

    Yeah, I’ve been in LA for too long, it’s worn off. Still fond of a hearty GFY! though. 🙂 I suppose that’s universal now… 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 22, 2013 at 12:20 am in reply to: Title slate from my latest FCP-X home movie!

    As a former Bostonian, I’m a sucker for films where they get the accent right. Not a stretch for those particular actors though. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm in reply to: Title slate from my latest FCP-X home movie!

    [Chris Harlan] “Ask them if they’re a fitness freak?”

    Of course. The most egregious insult ever! lol

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm in reply to: FCPX Jumping to random clip when I Mark In?

    [Bill Davis] “It’s also workflow centric”

    Workflow is one thing, and to each their own right? This problem, however, is a bug. X does have some of those ya know… 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 9:19 pm in reply to: Tag, you’re it.

    [John Davidson] “I might hold off until oh, say, tomorrow about 1pm. :)”

    Not a bad idea… 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Title slate from my latest FCP-X home movie!

    [Bill Davis] “Like I said, nice little “home movie.””

    I think, going forward – rather than wasting your time justifying anything you do – the best response to anyone who plays the “home movie” card, should be something similar the end of this clip:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgMXh0s81oo

    😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 8:46 pm in reply to: Title slate from my latest FCP-X home movie!

    [TImothy Auld] “Didn’t say it shattered the earth”

    There’s a plug in for that too.

    *sorry Bill, though really, what did you expect… 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 8:43 pm in reply to: Tag, you’re it.

    [John Davidson] “I suppose I’d be dreaming for FCPX to automatically import a specific tag. Wouldn’t that be something – like a smart folder on steroids.”

    I can’t see a reason that wouldn’t be possible now that tags are “systemic” so to speak. Head to the feedback page! 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 8:05 pm in reply to: FCPX Jumping to random clip when I Mark In?

    [Greg Merkes] “Thanks again for this info. I am just curious, does this happen to everyone running FCPX? Or is it just a select few lucky guys like me?”

    It seems kind of random to be honest. It’ll get fixed. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    October 21, 2013 at 7:51 pm in reply to: FCPX Jumping to random clip when I Mark In?

    [Greg Merkes] “I have keyworded subclips from master clips. When I view the keyworded clip and try and mark in to change the “In” point (by hitting “I”) – FCPX jumps to an entirely different clip? The only way I can mark-in is to find the original clip and mark an In point there. Seems to defeat the purpose of Keywording? “

    It’s a bug. In list view, it jumps to the first range from whatever clip the range you selected is on… the workaround is to switch out of list view to filmstrip view. Alternately, if you just select the keyworded range, and then click on whatever Event/Keyword collection hold the master clip, the range will be selected there and you can work from that. I hope it will get fixed soon…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

Page 182 of 258

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy