Forum Replies Created

Page 177 of 258
  • Here’s my worthless opinion…

    iMovie 08– proof of concept, leading to…

    FCP X (common concepts, new code and foundations – AV Foundation etc)

    —FCPX Evolves… meanwhile… Rewrite iMovie based on FCP X Code while rewriting new version of FCP X

    iMovie 10 – released with possible clues to new X features to drive everyone crazy. 😉

    FCPX 10.? – not done? waiting on Mac Pro? discontinued? :-O

    Leapfrog. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 6, 2013 at 7:51 pm in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [James Ewart] “So you have not even downloaded the free trial then?

    Just substitute the amount of time you have spent reading and writing posts here for playing with the software before asking the questions.

    Surely one month of testing will be a valuable experience – I may be mistaken but I think FCP 7 users get an extra month.

    No brainer?
    “

    If I may be so bold… I think being pushy is unhelpful. Just my 2 cents… 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 5, 2013 at 10:47 pm in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [Tom Durham] “From my point of view, it was years of not paying attention… not updating Mac Pros in any serious way, not significantly updating Final Cut Studio for a long time… tantalizing us with Color and then dumping it…”

    Yeah, I hear ya, totally understandable. I guess since FCP was working for me, even after it was dead, I never really got to that point. I think what they’re doing now is pretty cool, though it’s gonna be impossible to make everyone happy at this point. It’s good that there are choices now… keeps everyone on their toes. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 5, 2013 at 10:13 pm in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [Tom Durham] “My big beef with Apple was that they took a big turn NOT listening for long while. “

    I realize that many here don’t believe this, but they have been, and are listening. They created an entirely new NLE. They launched it… badly. And they’re continually implementing road mapped (probably), and user requested, features. Now maybe they should shout about it more, but as someone who has tried to reach out to the X folks in a constructive (and probably annoying) way I can assure you that they do listen. And for those who use X, sending feedback makes a difference as well.

    Just because they’re not actively participating in forums like this, doesn’t mean they’re not lurking. Silently. Plotting to kill everyo… uh… never mind…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 5, 2013 at 6:39 am in reply to: Audio handles export

    [James Ewart] “Thanks Ive been looking at light and trying to figure the difference.”

    No trimming/handles, and the LE version doesn’t let you sort Role order in the AAF as finely… it’s on their website somewhere. Essentially, the LE version is really only good for in-house type situations…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 5, 2013 at 12:28 am in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [Chris Harlan] “[Charlie Austin] “[Chris Harlan] “Not all brains or projects work the same way.”

    But, but… If that’s true, how will we ever reach Hive-Mind Nirvana!?”

    Oh, man! I expected that X was all NWO! Now, here’s the proof!
    “

    Crap! Violated my NDA again! I must be more… careful. >:-|

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 5, 2013 at 12:20 am in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [Chris Harlan] “Not all brains or projects work the same way.”

    But, but… If that’s true, how will we ever reach Hive-Mind Nirvana!?

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 4, 2013 at 11:55 pm in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [Richard Herd] “CTRL-S

    It’s the best way to cut dialogue”

    All due respect, clip soloing in FCP 7 is um… awful.

    EDIT: Oh… you’re talking CNTRL-S in X. If so… yes. Though when cheating stuff you do need to disconnect…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 4, 2013 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Audio handles export

    [Jeremy Garchow] “…in the “Media Handling” tab of the X2Pro preferences.”

    Yep, also it does not exist in the light/LE version, only X2Pro uh… Pro. 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    November 4, 2013 at 8:10 pm in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [Chris Harlan] “Yes, patching is the way to go, but I don’t think about it much because those are the tracks I keep patched–1,2–and I drag other dia on those tracks downward when I’m looking to overlap.”

    But then you want to cut in just ch 3&4 from your source, and not video. So you unpatch video, unpatch 1&2, and patch 3&4 to say, tracks 7&8. Then, you need video and ch 1&2, so you repatch video, repatch 1&2, unpatch 3&4. Unless you forget, then you hit undo and start over. I’m cutting in 7 right now and doing just that. It sucks. IMO of course. 😉

    Again, patching isn’t a problem at all. Until you get used to not need to even give it a microsecond of thought….

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

Page 177 of 258

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy