Forum Replies Created

Page 118 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    May 12, 2015 at 12:54 am in reply to: How often does autosave actually autosave?

    Both Charlie and I answered the “how often” in quite considerable detail and then some. Did you not read our answers? Go back and read them.

    No you can not change it. Don’t know why. But as everyone has pointed out, there is no need for an every two minute backup as it is continually updated. But the backups are there in case of catastrophic file corruption.

  • Press option X to delete the in/out markers. The point of in/out markers is to establish what part of the clip to be inserted.

  • Zebra lines is not a basic thing. I don’t believe it exists in any other app. That was a bizarre carryover from how cameras function(ed). The original version of FCP 1.x didn’t have scopes except on digitize mode, so the zebras were likely to compensate for that. It didn’t have audio meters either. Or an audio tool. So they never took them away as the app grew up.

  • We sure don’t. I’d forgotten all about those. They were awesome. Bring back zebra lines! But we do have pretty kick ass scopes now.

  • Why should any of these be the responsibility of the employer? If you like it that they’re putting aside YOUR taxes for you fine. But the ONLY reason that the govt wants them withheld is so they can ensure they get them. But I’m just not a fan of the nanny state. I don’t have any wage protections. Let someone do my job for less. Hey if they can afford it, and the company is happy with it, that’s what it should pay. I’m selling a product/service. Even if the IRS defines you as an employee I don’t believe you should jbe thinking of the people your sell your services to as employers. They are clients and customers of your services. You have something of value to them and the two of you should mutually determine a price. I’ve found that thinking that way is healthier all around. Nobody owes me anything.

  • Bret Williams

    May 10, 2015 at 12:16 am in reply to: 3D apparently isn’t hurting plugin makers…

    I already have volumetric. Rarely use it. Light rays were so 90s. 3D however is everywhere. You’d be hard pressed to find a broadcast promo that didn’t at least have a logo or end graphic that’s 3D. I love it. And I’ve barely used it but for a couple minor graphics. Just added a little something.

  • Bret Williams

    May 10, 2015 at 12:12 am in reply to: 3D apparently isn’t hurting plugin makers…

    Seriously, don’t even go there. There is absolutely no comparison and I’ve never heard anyone even suggest it nor defend FCPs keyframing. But it’s the nature of NLEs. Adobe is the exception. Motion is pretty good, but useless for basic NLE keyframing if you can’t send to motion. That used to be the excuse. FCP legacy keyframing sucked too but if you couldn’t make it work Motion was there almost like a basic modal extension of the app.

    The extension makers sure can’t complain about that. Making motion a one way trip has been wonderful for them.

  • This has absolutely nothing to do with the 3D text environment that I can tell. Just another cool plug from these guys. Has probably been in development for quite some time.

  • Why were you not calling out keyframing problems in FCP legacy which is the same keyframing engine? I called it out for the crap it was for over 10 years because I had used After Effects and even Avid was better. It’s crap. Motion is pretty decent but it’s still no AE.

    But honestly, what the hell are you keyframing that needs so much detail? You should be doing that sort of thing in AE or Motion.

  • Bret Williams

    May 7, 2015 at 9:06 pm in reply to: How often does autosave actually autosave?

    If you just check the backups folder in your user>movies folder you can see all the backups. Or just go to file>open library>from backup and you’ll see a list of that library’s backups by time. Looks like every 15 min at the most if needed.

    I always kept autosave off in FCP legacy. I didn’t particularly want it to save when I might just have opened the project up to try something and I might rather quit without saving. Something you just can’t do in X.

Page 118 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy