Forum Replies Created

Page 115 of 699
  • Honestly what does any of this have to do with Costco or the nMP? The beauty of Costco is you can walk in and take it back with absolutley no hassle. But isn’t the issue here that a seagate drive failed (and they’re not exactly known for reliability these days). And I’m pretty sure the same thing could’ve happened on an iMac or laptop. If I got my seagate portable from Amazon and I have an iMac I have nothing to worry about? 🙂

    Coke and a slice for $1.50. Can’t beat that. Maybe at Ikea.

  • Bret Williams

    May 31, 2015 at 7:10 pm in reply to: 4:3 video gets stretched in FCPX

    I think that because the only format that matches those specs is DCVProHD (which is anamorphic 16:9), that X has decided that it must be 16:9. There are no 4:3 HD formats so it took its best guess. You can just scale back the X scale value in the inspector.

  • I found the same. And if you use it to display rec time code burn in, it gets more and more off the longer the program is. It’s more accurate with drop frame. But often 1 frame off with DF. My stuff is 29.97p I tested with.

  • Bret Williams

    May 30, 2015 at 4:35 pm in reply to: AE to Motion user keyframe question

    I’m sure it’s all fine any which way you learn it. I was only light hearted complaining. Could of course make the argument that with the old way one accidental adjustment messes up ALL your keyframes instead of just one errant deleteable keyframe.

  • Bret Williams

    May 30, 2015 at 2:41 pm in reply to: AE to Motion user keyframe question

    The function. Seems much more natural that if I’ve added a Keyframe that I want to keep adding Keyframes, not move the whole path. So a modifier to move the whole path makes sense. But after 19 years of AE thats to be expected. Easier to jump between apps if they all function in a similar way. 🙂

  • Bret Williams

    May 30, 2015 at 2:25 pm in reply to: AE to Motion user keyframe question

    Sounds like they made keyframing work exactly like AE, FCP legacy, X, and every other app. That would’ve driven me bonkers in a different way if I had been using Motion 4. Seems like the A key just makes no sense in either case. I need to remap that sucker to nothing.

  • Bret Williams

    May 30, 2015 at 1:30 am in reply to: Download FCPX H-e-l-p files?
  • Bret Williams

    May 30, 2015 at 12:52 am in reply to: FCP 10.1 transition plug ins

    Universe and CoreMelt have some great freebies. Digital Juice actually has a pretty deep set of transitions but the entry price is steep. But getting thousands of templates and transitions and graphic elements for $500 for life ain’t bad. I’ve certainly gotten my money back. Problem with DJ is they’re in a beta stage switching to an online service and you can’t even see their site without becoming a member. Kinda moronic.

    MotionVFX.com is the king daddy of FCP X plugs and templates. My favorite. They make a few sets of dedicated transition Fx that are pretty cool. I’m sure PixelFilmStudios.com has more to explore than you have time for. Xeffects has some cool freebies too. FCPeffects is a good place as well. Andy Mees, Alex4D are some other freebies.

    Really is so so so much more in the way of fx and templates for FCP X compared to legacy.

  • Bret Williams

    May 29, 2015 at 11:46 pm in reply to: FCPX Certification a SCAM

    Agreed across the board. But what of the bizarre description of the course by Apple? An understanding of ow the OS works and some knowledge of video editing terms? Something is definitely awry here. And as Bill has mentioned below, you should NOT be able to pass a certification course with a month of editing experience and a 3 day course. You should not be allowed to register for the course (or at least have any expectation of passing). That’s like taking a senior class as a freshman after going to school for a month.

  • Bret Williams

    May 29, 2015 at 4:39 pm in reply to: AE to Motion user keyframe question

    Ok, just discovered a workaround. But still baffling. If you open the keyframe editor and highlight the keyframe there (in this case x,y, and Z keyframes) and press delete it will keep the value. If you turn off the keyframes in the inspector or in the left column of the keyframe editor they jump to some bizarre random value. If you delete the keyframe in the timeline where it’s just a single keyframe, they jump to the same random value. I don’t get it. But maybe I know the rules now.

Page 115 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy