Forum Replies Created

Page 593 of 701
  • Bob Zelin

    October 12, 2006 at 10:58 pm in reply to: Left Channel Audio Distortion

    there can be millions of reasons for this. Where are the “trim” controls on the Mackie 1604 – did the left channel on the mixer get “bumped”. Are you going into the 1/4″ jacks,or the XLR’s – you need to go ONLY into the 1/4″ Line input jacks. Did you accidentally plug into the inserts instead of the line inputs ?

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 12, 2006 at 10:56 pm in reply to: J-H3 deck,does this bypass the need for a Kona3?

    I have answered you on the I/O forum

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 12, 2006 at 10:55 pm in reply to: kona vs Black Magic (HDCam FCP workflow)

    I am saddened by your intended process. It appears that your only concern is how to accomplish this as cheaply as possible – avoiding the use of any AJA or Blackmagic product. However you are shooing with a Sony CineAlta camera,(a very expensive camera) and will finish with a Nitris – one of the most expensive edit systems on the market today. I don’t get what is going on.

    To answer your question – yes, the JH-3 has an iLink port, and has a 2:3 pulldown feature, so anything you shoot will be pulled down to 29.97, so you can go in DV25. However, as you have been told by TWO OF US – you will need to use Automatic Duck ($499) to convert the FCP list into an AVID list, to do your conform.

    I have no idea of why you are shooting with the best HD gear, finishing with a top of the line HD edit system, and want to do the actual edit – one of the most important parts of the job – as cheaply as possible. This makes no sense to me. In addition, I think that you have some balls asking on both the AJA and Blackmagic forums, how you can avoid using these products.

    If you proceed with this process, you will need Automatic Duck to convert your FCP list to AVID. If I find out that you do not purchase a legal copy of Automatic Duck to do this, you will be punished.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 12, 2006 at 1:47 am in reply to: PVM monitors vs Luma?

    The 20″ PVM’s that B+H has are the old PVM-20L2, which can NEVER to HD-SDI. The Luma LDM-232 is a horrible piece of crap – HD looks fine, but SD looks TERRIBLE on it. I urge you to look at the Panasonic BT-LH2600W or BT-LH1700. These two Pana LCD monitors handle interlaced video very well – if you are looking for an LCD that can do SD, this is one of the few (if only) LCD’s that can do it properly.

    I was one of the first to use Sony PVM’s when everyone was still using Ikegami and Barco and ASASA, back in the day. So I am more disappointed than anyone that Sony no longer makes a usable monitor. Those that own the PVM-20L5/1 are very lucky. The Sony Luma series is not only a poor image, but it’s functionality (because of only a single input) is rediculous (it may say composite component on the front panel, but there is only one input, not including the “option cards” for HD). I don’t know what they were thinking when they did this, considering their amazing history.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 10, 2006 at 11:09 pm in reply to: Mac Pro system freezing

    Chinny –
    Sonnet only got their drivers working yesterday. Did you load new drivers today ?

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 10, 2006 at 11:08 pm in reply to: kona vs Black Magic (HDCam FCP workflow)

    see my reply in the AJA I/O forum – if you are finishing on the Nitris, get yourself a copy of Media Composer software only for your MAC. But you should do the entire project in FCP, and finish with the Kona 3 right on your MAC (or Kona 2, depending on what MAC you have), as you will get the SAME IMAGE QUALITY as the Nitris.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 10, 2006 at 11:06 pm in reply to: kona vs Black Magic (HDCam FCP workflow)

    you are crazy. Either work with AVID products, or work with FCP products. The FCP products (both Blackmagic and AJA) can produce the SAME image quality as the Nitris. If you are finishing with a Nitris, it might have an AJA Xena card in it. The Nitris is NOT better quality than the AJA or Blackmagic products.

    Unless you are ready to work with Automatic Duck, if I were you, I would buy a copy of Media Composer Software only or AVID Xpress Pro, get a AVID Mojo SDI, and edit with this, only if you are going to finish with the Symphony/Nitris package. You will have lot less aggrivation.

    However, you can forget the Nitris, get the Kona 3 card, and do the entire HD project, at IDENTICAL QUALITY right in your FCP system.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 10, 2006 at 2:05 am in reply to: Boost the SPDIF signal?

    you can send SPDIF on crappy RG59 video cable for 100′ with no problem. If you are having problems, the problem is not the cable, or the Blackmagic card. What are you trying to send to (what audio device are you having trouble with).

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 10, 2006 at 2:00 am in reply to: LHe and Kona 3 one Machine

    The Kona 3 works perfectly with the AJA I/O – this is the correct way to upconvert SD to HD – why on earth would you want a KHe if you can have a Kona 3 and a I/O (all from AJA, all with no conflicts).

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    October 8, 2006 at 3:32 pm in reply to: Kona 3 Audio isues

    hey plowden –
    I am not saying it’s not AJA’s fault, and I ain’t saying that AJA should not be so sensitive to sync, but I AM telling you that it is probably a sync reference issue (blame AJA all you want) – simply go to FREE RUN and see if the audio problem crap goes away. You might also see lots of “hi error rates” on output to a Digi Beta VTR from the Kona – this is ALSO a symptom of the reference problem. I found this at a facility that had one Kona FCP system and one AVID system – so I know too that the sync gen ( a Sigma BSG-26N) was just fine. I am just saying that Don should go to FREE RUN just to see what is up (and if his problem goes away).

    Bob Zelin

Page 593 of 701

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy