You just said “ok, that works, but I still can’t playback directly out of FCP”.
This is what you will do. You will go into the EASY SETUPS and choose a setting like “AJA I/O Betacam 8 bit uncompressed”. If you go into the Easy Setups, and say “what the hell is this guy talking about, I don’t see anything that says AJA anything” – it means that you DID NOT LOAD THE AJA DRIVERS. Go to the http://www.aja.com website and load the correct drivers for your product. Now if you say “yea yea yea – I see the AJA I/O Betacam 8 bit uncompressed 8 bit setting, I select it, and I STILL don’t see anything”, then RELOAD YOUR DRIVERS ANYWAY from the AJA site, load the analog NTSC driver, and try it again (select EASY setup Betacam 8 bit uncompressed, and try it again).
If you STILL don’t see anything, go to the VIEW menu, and look for the EXTERNAL VIDEO selection – and select ALL FRAMES – if it’s on OFF, you ain’t gonna get a picture.
If you try all of this, and you still don’t get a picture, CALL AJA IN CALIFORNIA – that’s right – you are going to make a long distance phone call, and wait on hold, and get charged money for this, but you will get the correct response.
Bob Zelin