Forum Replies Created

Page 123 of 701
  • Bob Zelin

    December 23, 2014 at 3:15 am in reply to: Seeking LTO / LTFS Wisdom.

    Let me tell you something Jamie. As I get older, I am getting (once again) more aggressive on Creative Cow, and I know that I will eventually be thrown off, but I don’t care – because of people like you. I use Imagine Products PreRoll Post all the time – it is a great LTFS software program. It’s easy to use, AND they have little training videos on their website, to make it easy to learn how to use it. But it’s the same price as Tolis BRU, which is also a wonderful program, with a wonderful easy to read and use users guide and quick start guide.

    I have certainly played with the HP StorOpen software which is free.

    In a couple of words, ITS A PIECE OF USELESS CRAP. (but it’s free).

    So Jamie – isn’t a piece of software that is easy to use, and wonderful, and help you make money – don’t those people DESERVE TO MAKE SOME MONEY ?????? Or do you want to make ALL THE MONEY, and the people that help you get NOTHING ? Do you want some moron to get onto Creative Cow, and say “hey Jamie, you don’t have to spend one penny – all you have to do is run this terminal command, and then you don’t have to buy BRU or PreRoll Post, and now you get to keep all the money from your clients for yourself”. Would you pay this contributor on Creative Cow any money ? Would you say “hey man, thanks so much, can I give you a nice Christmas Present, and by the way, if I give you a little more money, would you answer my questions for free for the next year or two, so I can run problem free, in case I get into some trouble in the near future” ?

    NO – you would not say this – you just want stuff for free, so you can keep all your clients money FOR YOURSELF, and not give a penny to any of the companies that make your life easier. You have to PAY COMPANIES (or people) to help you – there is no free lunch. These prices are cheaper than ever, and these are wonderful products, that will protect your behind, and let you make money from your clients, and you HAVE TO GIVE A LITTLE to the people or companies that help you.
    Merry Christmas

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 22, 2014 at 1:01 pm in reply to: 10GbE woes on OSX

    Hi David –
    you know exactly what the VAR’s think here. As I have stated over and over again on this forum, there are countless vendors, and COUNTLESS VAR’s right near in you LA and Burbank that can provide you with exactly what you want. And there are countless vendors that advertise right here on Creative Cow, that you can choose from, and compete with each other for your business. And you can buy solutions (that I am aware of ) for as low as $4700. And I have stated all of these exact things over and over again on this forum, showing LISTS of companies to choose from.

    But obviously, that is simply not acceptable to many people. For example – Chris Tilley above, could have certainly purchased a turnkey system from Small Tree, and it would have worked perfectly, without any of the issues that he is seeing. You have companies that compete with you, that own shared storage systems – I am sure that you know who they are. So why not choose one of those. I KNOW WHY. Because like Mr. Tilley, you think that you can go out and save a couple of bucks by trying to piece it together yourself. And look what happens. There are recently LOTS of theads on this forum, that show exactly the disappointment when people try to piece it together themselves.

    When Solventdreams produces a show, or edits a show, I am sure that your clients don’t say “we don’t need these idiots from Solventdreams, my son has a Canon 5D and a Scarlet, and we can shoot it ourselves, and he can use iMovie to edit it”. No, what happens is that you do the work, you do PROFESSIONAL work, and you get to charge for your professional work, and the clients of Solventdreams says “wow, you guys did a great job – thank you”. And for the clients that let their children in film school do the job – well, it comes out like crap.

    I could go on and say “you should use brand x and brand y”, but the real bottom line, is that I am currenly not aware of ANY brand of shared storage that is a piece of junk. THEY ALL WORK. And let me assure you that if Mr. Tilley was not astute enough to call Small Tree, and get Chris Duffy’s assistance on the phone, his Synology would have been a boat anchor right now, because I will bet money that Mr. Tilley simply went to a mail order company, ordered the Synology without any other hardware, and said “I can do this myself”. Well, he failed, and now, with Small Tree’s help, he has a system that it working with a few minor issues. Had he purchased the entire turnkey Small Tree, he would not have ANY ISSUES.

    I don’t want to make it seem like Small Tree is the only vendor – THEY ARE NOT – there are lots of them, and they advertise right here on Creative Cow, and participate on Creative Cow. YOU NEED HELP, and you have to pay for that help -even if its only a labor fee, and you buy the stuff yourself from mail order companies. And when you say “you are full of crap” – well, you fail.

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 19, 2014 at 10:06 pm in reply to: Seeking LTO / LTFS Wisdom.

    and exactly what’s wrong with using BRU ? It has a nice GUI, so you don’t have to ever see any CLI commands.

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 17, 2014 at 5:44 pm in reply to: Promise Sanlink 2 Utility settings

    did not get your email sir.

    please try again.

    Bob

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 17, 2014 at 1:06 pm in reply to: Promise Sanlink 2 Utility settings

    email me, but yes, SMB3 from Yosemite to Yosemite is working wonderfully.

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 17, 2014 at 12:01 am in reply to: Promise Sanlink 2 Utility settings

    Hi Simon –
    if you are running AFP you need a tuning file. If we can coordinate our schedules, I will remote into your system, and show you how to do this. I owe you anyway because of the Netstor and the Netgear 10G switches (you discovered them, not me) – so I will show you how to do this. You will get wonderful fast speeds at that point.

    Sonnet just gives you the tuning file, and the Sonnet Twin 10G is just as fast (and the same price) as the Promise SanLink2. I have one installed at Universal Studios Creative, and it’s terrific.

    Email me, and I will remote in. (and the documentation does not guide you on the SanLink2 Utility).

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 15, 2014 at 10:40 pm in reply to: Just got an OWC 12TB Thunderbay Raid 5……

    that’s right Paul –
    isn’t there someone at OWC that can answer your questions ? Dare I ask, are we saying that companies like Proavio, G-Tech, Sonnet, Maxx Digital, JMR, etc. actually have someone to ASK QUESTIONS on how to use their product, but OWC doesn’t ? Tell me it’s not so ! Isn’t there a support # to simply call and ask them what is best ?

    how about this phone # for OWC ?
    Tech Support:
    800-275-4576

    Let me know.

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 15, 2014 at 10:36 pm in reply to: G-Tech Studio or Promise Pegasus2?

    I am using both. They are both great.

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 15, 2014 at 10:36 pm in reply to: Promise Sanlink 2 Utility settings

    Gee, will someone answer Simon’s question ?

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

  • Bob Zelin

    December 15, 2014 at 10:35 pm in reply to: Is this the expected outcome from various solutions

    gee, will someone answer Barry’s question ?

    Bob Zelin

    Bob Zelin
    Rescue 1, Inc.
    bobzelin@icloud.com

Page 123 of 701

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy