Forum Replies Created

Page 215 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 21, 2007 at 9:26 pm in reply to: Most bit for the buck Raid

    [jmf] “(Assuming a fibre option raid 1 is fast enough to support hd.)”

    I think you’d be better off looking for RAID 10 or RAID 0+1 (sorry, but I don’t really understand the difference well enough to even start trying to explain). Either should give you a nice compromise of speed plus redundancy. But you do can’t create these arrays with Disk Utility, you need a hardware controller that supports it.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 21, 2007 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Audio Mixer Misbehaving – URGENT!

    I think you need to delete your audio render files & re-render your audio. I’ve seen similar behavior, and removing the rendered audio fixed it.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 21, 2007 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Rename Tool in FCP6

    I can see many an unwary P2 or XDCam (or any tapeless) user really screwing themselves with this feature. All I can say is use it with caution!

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 21, 2007 at 8:22 pm in reply to: FCP6 OMF Includes Audio and Pan Keyframes

    The new Soundtrack Pro can import them.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 21, 2007 at 8:19 pm in reply to: DV Jaggies in FCP

    Andrew Shanks created a series of tutorials specifically about how to key DV footage in Shake. Go over to the shake forum & look up the tutorials. They’re really good, and many of the lessons apply to other formats as well.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 18, 2007 at 4:59 pm in reply to: P2 footage for Blue Screen – Jagged Edges?

    I’ve done a lot of keying lately (around 130 shots) with footage from the HVX-200.

    You should remember that DVCPro HD is pretty heavily compressed. Also, the actual resolution on the chips is a little lower than 720, so it’s being upsampled a little bit in camera. Both of these can contribute to the jagged edges that you see.

    If you’re keying your shots in Shake, then you might want to take a look at the keying tutorials that Andrew Shanks created for the Shake forum a couple of months ago. He has one lesson about blurring the U & V channels to improve the edges of your key. I’ve found that trick works really well with HVX-200 footage.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 18, 2007 at 2:10 pm in reply to: frame analyzing plugin or program for mac.

    FCP has a tool to look for ‘long’ frames. I don’t recall that I’ve ever used it. I think it’s under the “Mark” or “modify” menu.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 18, 2007 at 3:12 am in reply to: dropped frames laying off to tape

    Most likely you need to use faster hard drives. It’s also possible that your drives are too full, and they’ll stop dropping frames if you can free up enough space that they’re no more than 70-75% full

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 17, 2007 at 4:46 pm in reply to: TRIMMING

    I’ve been using asymmetrical trimming since I started using FCP 2 nearly 6 years ago.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    May 17, 2007 at 4:32 pm in reply to: 1080 t0 720 interlacing issue.

    Ahh… That’s good to know. I must try that next time!

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 215 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy