Forum Replies Created

Page 272 of 333
  • Andrew Kimery

    July 28, 2012 at 2:26 am in reply to: I goofed – Exporting 1920 x 1080

    You were on the right track by creating a new sequence and copy/pasting the clips in. The final step is to highlight all the clips in the new sequence, right click, “remove attributes”, selection “Distort” & “Basic Motion”, hit okay and your 1920×1080 clips will be displayed in their native size and aspect ratio.

  • There’s also this wrinkle to it that I don’t think was mentioned yet:

    “The design may well be comprised of “highly recyclable aluminum and glass” — but my friends in the electronics recycling industry tell me they have no way of recycling aluminum that has glass glued to it like Apple did with both this machine and the recent iPad.”

    https://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/06/opinion-apple-retina-displa/

  • Andrew Kimery

    July 4, 2012 at 6:38 pm in reply to: Tape is dead ???

    I agree that proper media management is of greater importance now than in the past, but I think the physical ‘reel’ will make a comeback in the relatively near future as the price of flash media falls to the point where we won’t have to keep dumping and reusing cards. A card, just like tape cassettes and film reels before it, will be able to be shot once, ingested, then put on a shelf.

    I really, really, really hate the ‘card dance’ that must happen to proper recycle a card for shooting. So much more room potential for error and total loss of media.

  • Andrew Kimery

    July 3, 2012 at 12:56 am in reply to: Tape is dead ???

    What utilities are out there that allow for punching-in replacement video and/or audio into an already existing file? I assume this would only work with all I-Frame codecs since doing a punch-in on a GOP codec would screw up the compression cadence.

  • Andrew Kimery

    July 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm in reply to: For Craig Seeman: Avid sells of consumer line

    [Craig Seeman] “Odd maybe but I’m bothered that they’re selling Avid for iPad to Corel. I thought that app was a good idea just as I though the Avid Free was some years back. The idea of getting people in on the bottom and getting them brand loyal is important much as Apple does with iMovie or did with Final Cut Express. Also I can’t imagine Corel as company that’s going to give this app proper care and feeding.”
    Since the iPad app only worked w/Avid Studio Products it makes sense. I bet Avid is working on a new iPad app that will a companion to MC/Symphony.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 29, 2012 at 5:51 pm in reply to: TV (Follow Up)

    [Jeremy Garchow] “iOS and Microsoft to the rescue”

    Nice. I didn’t realize they’d updated the App w/that. I’ll have to check it out when I get home.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 29, 2012 at 4:33 pm in reply to: TV (Follow Up)

    I haven’t used Netflix on the Wii, but I’d make safe bet that using an Xbox or PS3 controller is even worse. Ugh. There’s a reason standard universal remotes are optional buys for those systems.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 29, 2012 at 7:40 am in reply to: TV (Follow Up)

    There is certainly convergence happening but I don’t think things like playing video games, watching TV shows, movies and, especially, live sports are going to fade into the background when it comes to TV purchases. Sure, TVs will take on secondary abilities and maybe turn into the internet appliance that was first envisioned as WebTV back in the 90’s but I think watching content will still be job #1 for the living room TV.

    And no need to always be waiting around on Apple. For example, MS and the 360 are doing some very interesting things. If you have a Kinect you can use voice and gestures to control the 360 including voice search. So, if you say “Law and Order” it will pull up the TV show Law & Order, you can then pick the episode you want to watch and which service you want to watch it from (Netflix, Hulu+, etc.,). The next iteration of Internet Explorer 11 is also coming to the Xbox and it will be fully Kinect-enabled as well.

    MS also recently unveiled its new feature called SmartGlass which is simliar to, though more expansive than, Apple’s AirPlay. MS describes SmartGlass as more of a platform than an app (so devs are free to have at it) and it will be available for iOS, Android and Windows 8 mobile devices. SmartGlass could enable your mobile device to do a variety of things such as become a home theater style remote, become a keyboard & track pad to control IE on the Xbox, stream media to/from other SmartGlass devices, be used as a primary or secondary controller for a video game and act as a contextual 2nd screen (ex. you are watching Game of Thrones or a football game and relevant info, scores, bonus media, etc., is streamed to your device).

    MS says it will be out later this year and an SDK was just recently made available to devs.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 28, 2012 at 11:04 pm in reply to: TV (Follow Up)

    [Joseph Owens] “Pardon my ignorance, but is this full 4,000 x whatever RGB in all sensors, or is this that fake 4K Bayer pattern which if you aren’t doing a lot of interpolation is really 2K?”

    At first no, but then yes and it will be marketed as ‘Full 4k’!

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 28, 2012 at 7:07 pm in reply to: OT: Valve Source Filmmaker

    The good news is you can condense an entire animation studio onto a single PC. The bad news is you are now expected to do the work of an entire animation studio! 😀

Page 272 of 333

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy