Forum Replies Created

Page 245 of 333
  • Andrew Kimery

    June 10, 2013 at 7:34 pm in reply to: Mac Pro – Thoughts? Winner or Loser?

    Need real world performance and price info first.

    I guessed it would be a ‘super mac mini’ w/only external expansion via Thunderbolt and I was close. I got the shape wrong, lol. The industrial design is very interesting (ex. all components share a single heat sink which is the hollow center of the tube) but needs some real world testing to see if it’s worth it or not.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm in reply to: It’s official! New Mac Pro

    Can’t you just put these on a tray in a rack mount like some people do Mac Minis?

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 10, 2013 at 6:02 pm in reply to: Apple To Stream WWDC Keynote Live Today

    All external expansion.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 7, 2013 at 5:01 pm in reply to: Since everyone here is old and grumpy…

    [Bill Davis] “What I am proud of is that when fundamental changes come along, particular changes that provide an enhanced value proposition via technology allowing me to offer my clients better quality at better prices, I tend to dive into that stuff whole hog.”

    And I think just about everyone that’s been successful over the long term has always had to re-think how best to serve their clients. We are all in different places though and see different sunrises so what might be a fiery sunrise in your neck of the woods might just be an overcast ‘June Gloom’ morning where I’m at.

  • Just think about the people that used to cut on film and then had to learn how to cut on linear, tape-to-tape edit systems. And then those linear systems died off and were replaced with nonlinear computer software. Moving from one computer program to another is pretty simple by comparison. 😉

    It’s also an inevitability. God willing, I’ll still be working 30yrs from now and I’m sure the landscape will look completely different in 2043 than it does today.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 6, 2013 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Since everyone here is old and grumpy…

    I know I’m going to regret typing this, but, why does everything have to boil down to a binary, black vs white, you are either in camp A or camp B statement, Bill?

    I assume you place yourself in the “hungry for new experience” pile so when will you ditch FCPX for Avid MC, Premiere Pro, Lightworks, Smoke or even DaVinci if BM continues to give it editing capabilities? I mean, your plan isn’t just to move from the comforting walls of FCP Legend to the comforting walls of FCPX is it? 😉

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 6, 2013 at 5:59 am in reply to: Since everyone here is old and grumpy…

    [David Mathis] “Thanks for the post. Wondering what Final Cut Pro X would have looked like back then.”

    Editdroid circa 1984. Not pictured is the desktop computer and bank of LaserDiscs that held the media.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 5, 2013 at 11:57 pm in reply to: FCP X Professional Opinions

    Not using X in LA though if it looks like places I work/want to work might start using it I’ll pick it up.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 5, 2013 at 11:55 pm in reply to: Update MacPro or not?

    I wouldn’t put anymore money into a 1,1 Mac Pro. OS X 10.7.x is the last Mac OS to support them (because they are 32-bit machines, not 64-bit) and I figure $2,000 towards any other Mac will yield a better ROI than trying to beef up a 7yr old machine.

  • Andrew Kimery

    June 3, 2013 at 12:04 am in reply to: Looking for inspiration : sports documentaries

    Dogtown and Z-boys is amazing (and I’ve never been into skate culture). That’s a doc I watched and it impacted what I wanted to accomplish professionally. Riding Giants is very good too (coming from a non-surfer). Once in a Lifetime, while good, is the weakest of the three as it deals more with a situation than with people involved in that situation, IMO.

Page 245 of 333

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy