Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
Yep Chris, that I certainly was. I actually found that post verging on nasty.
Still, let’s brace ourselves for the fifteen paragraph response with, yes thats right, it’s a classic: closing judicial quotes on civil discourse.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
[Bill Davis] “I guess since you’re posting here under both your personal name and [love the walloping emphasis there by the way] your corporate affiliation, means that neither you nor ProMax cares about those of us who don’t directly share your views.
Fair enough.
But it strikes me that your company founder, the late (and much missed) Charles McConathy never expressed these kinds of insular and exclusionary views – “
…and well, the rampant personal invective just keeps right on going after that.
come on bill – would you take it easy? this was that rare unicorn of a matey joshing thread on this forum – david was surely well within team bounds in some gentle broad xml etc jibing no?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
well sure, maybe try and keep an eye out for the john cleese scale person bearing hopefully glad tidings..
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
April 1, 2012 at 10:18 pm in reply to: What has happened to Apple? Have they dumped us pro’s?wait – what’s going on? has something happened to FCP? what’s this FCPX thing?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
[Neil Patience] “I wonder how they integrate that into the wider editing system”
I genuinely know little or nothing about BBC editing internally, bar the bit said to me –
and yep bristol is right, that’s where my friend is based and living, when he’s not being envy style far flung.
[Neil Patience] “Also just wanted to say I have enjoyed reading your posts on FCPX, I pretty much agree with your sentiments. Are you Uk based ?”
cheers, am indeed, me particulars are below there –
soon to include ‘seeks avid brain transplant’.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm in reply to: Illustrator turns 25 today. Thoughts on it, Luddites and FCP X[Jeremy Garchow] “Doesn’t look like FCPX to me, but it’s just a screen grab. “
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
yeah, that first FCPX post was a true lash of the whip.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
too right. – david posted his blog stuff there below – it was a blog post of his that just lit a fire under adobe there – but in all fairness, Adobe’s response, while not fully to his taste, was mindbogglingly open and quick.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
I mentioned that I had a mate working in BBC nature as a D.I.T type, he told me that the beeb were deploying it for non-avid (not the real stuff) purposes.
But like, they were deploying a lot of it.
I think they’re thinking of it in terms of almost a general purpose newscutter type thing for self op carry on at below avid level. I could be completely wrong there though. But they have bought a lot of licenses.
That said – I presume hell will freeze before anything really serious at the beeb is cut on anything other than avid.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Jeffrey Harrell’s work. He’s rather a stylish editor. I also love the ncely judged scanline overlays on the close up stuff, and the social network pastiche with that Jobs quote is just outright genius. I think he did it in… a day or two.
He’s also the guy that just ripped adobe a new one over the timecode thing. Formidable chappie.
Something of a Zola truth to power type even.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics