Forum Replies Created

Page 116 of 494
  • Adam Trachtenberg

    November 2, 2013 at 3:57 am in reply to: Constrain TP to Object: Assistance Needed!!!

    It may be because it has to preroll the animation to know where the particles are, but I’m not sure. It might help if you cache the mograph animation.

    If the animation is final what you might do is export the metaballs to Alembic format, delete the TP/Mograph setup, and then merge in the Alembic file. That should make everything much faster and you won’t have any problem rendering individual frames.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    November 1, 2013 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Hair/Mesh Penetration

    The first thing I would try is increasing the steps in the Dynamics>Advanced tab. That determines how many times per frame the dynamics are evaluated. If the hair is moving fast it can sometimes penetrate the mesh between calculations.

  • I don’t think it’s possible to add a known FL to the camera calibration tag.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 31, 2013 at 12:59 pm in reply to: collada import

    I’ll have a look at the Collada options later, but a quick thing you can do to link the textures is to add the path to the tex folder in your Cinema preferences. Then I would save the file with assets and remove the texture link in preferences so Cinema doesn’t search that path all the time going forward.

    Or, if you’re using R15 it has a nice new texture manager that’s a huge help in relinking textures….

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 30, 2013 at 10:34 pm in reply to: Find a sound special track?

    For future reference, if you click the eye icon at the top-right of the Timeline it opens a filter window that lets you choose what type of tracks should be displayed. Just turn off everything but sound and that should lead you to the culprit.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 30, 2013 at 5:37 pm in reply to: Constrain TP to Object: Assistance Needed!!!

    I attached a file to my previous post demonstrating it. Basically I cloned Matrix Object particles onto the mesh, animating the count. I restricted visibility with a noise texture in a shader effector — sort of like your matter waves setup.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 30, 2013 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Constrain TP to Object: Assistance Needed!!!

    There’s probably some way to do it via TP but personally I would take the easy way and use Mograph. You can even use it (Matrix Object) to generate TP particles and use your existing metaball setup.

    Example: 6697_aortaamt.c4d.zip

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 30, 2013 at 3:30 pm in reply to: Find a sound special track?

    In the timeline, activate View>Link>Timeline/OM Selection. Then, in the timeline, select the object that has the sound track on it. It should now be selected in the object manager.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 30, 2013 at 3:26 pm in reply to: Floating cloth

    Huh, how weird. Anyway, the advice stands. Use a plane as the collider and then place the floor where it needs to be so it looks right.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 30, 2013 at 3:08 pm in reply to: Floating cloth

    Hmm, what version of Cinema are you using? Because when I render it here in R15 a lot of the cloth is actually BELOW the floor.

    EDIT: Okay, tried in R14 and the result is what you’re seeing. What I would do in this case is not try to fight city hall (i.e., quit messing with the cloth system and fake it). Use a plane object as your collider instead of the floor. Make the plane invisible in the renderer and create a floor positioned so that the cloth rests properly on it. In my case that means setting the floor height to 31.792cm.

Page 116 of 494

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy