May Release Boasts AMD GPU Support for Redshift, Improvements to Unreal Integration, and New Capsules
On the heels of a massive release to nearly every product in the Maxon One line in late March, Maxon, developers of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers, visual effects artists and creators of all types, today announced the immediate availability of significant upgrades to Redshift, the Cineware bridge for Unreal, and the addition of several new Capsules for Cinema 4D. In addition to some nice rendering features, the new expansion update for Redshift (3.5.15) includes compatibility with select AMD Radeon™ PRO graphics cards, allowing more artists than ever to take advantage of AMD hardware. An update to Cineware allows for the seamless import of Redshift Materials into Unreal Engine. And the latest Capsules drop includes dozens of new Redshift materials and a new Electric Spline Modifier Capsule for Cinema 4D.
David McGavran, the CEO of Maxon, reiterated, “Our ultimate objective is to make Redshift available to every artist, on every Digital Content Creation (DCC) application, with the capability to leverage the full potential of their hardware. With this new development, we are one step closer to achieving this goal.”
This latest release includes:
- AMD GPU support is now available (in public beta) for Redshift 3.5.15. Artists employing the industry’s most powerful biased renderer can now take advantage of select AMD Radeon™ PRO graphics cards GPU-accelerated rendering. The new loop option for Maxon Noise Procedurals allows artists to quickly set up seamless and satisfying animated effects.
- The Flakes Shader is now available in all DCCs supported by Redshift allowing artists to create sparkling car paint, beautiful shimmering snowdrifts, or add a light dust of glitter to concrete for an extra pop.
- Cinema 4D’s Distorter node is now a part of Redshift in Cinema 4D. It drives distortion of the UV space for a material according to texture or shader input, immediately producing variation to break up repeating maps or as a dream-like effect on its own.
- In conjunction with the new Redshift Camera, the flexible compositing options of custom Backplates, introduced in 3.5.14 for Cinema 4D, are now available in Houdini, Katana, and Blender. Anyone can easily apply different backplates for each camera, either in-render or as a post-effect, with robust frame fitting and adjustment options.
Cineware for Unreal
- Redshift Materials are now seamlessly imported in Unreal Engine, offering high-quality fidelity textures throughout the Cinema 4D to Unreal pipeline. CWUE 0.2023.7 is a freely available plugin that requires Cinema 4D 2023.0 and greater.
- 32 New Stone Materials including asphalt, marble and many more
- 24 New Leather Materials ranging from Milled Cowhide to Nappa Lambskin
- All new materials were created by visualization experts Fuchs and Vogel
- A new Electric Spline Modifier Capsule is great for creating electrical effects on splines
All updates are immediately available to subscribers via Maxon App and the Maxon website.
Enjoying the news? Sign up for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, jobs, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, and your first and last name below!