-
Working with 60 FPS footage … Export settings?
I’m not exactly sure the best way to phrase this question, but I’m going to give it my best shot
So I’ve been shooting 720p60 footage and am using it in premiere. I’ve been using the DSLR 720p60 preset sequence to work with the footage. When I export the footage, I use the h.264 codec and also export at 60fps. After my export, the file will look perfectly fine, and the quality is up to par. However, when uploading to vimeo, I understand it converts the file from 60 fps to 24fps to fit Vimeo’s standards. After uploading to vimeo, the playback is choppy, and I’ve lost the smooth playback of 60fps that I uploaded.
Where I’m confused is that I’ve seen people make similar videos, shooting 60fps but get very smooth playback through a streaming site like vimeo. Should I be exporting from Premiere in 24fps? Any time I’ve tried to do that, the resulting file doesn’t play smoothly like it did when watching from the project file.
Basically what I’m after is how I can keep the smooth playback from my 60fps footage by exporting to an equally smooth 24fps file that I can upload to youtube/vimeo without losing quality like I have been.
Any feedback helps, and thanks in advance !