Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Windows 10

• Windows 10

Steve Rhoden updated 5 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 24 Posts
  • Mick Cookson

August 24, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Has anybody got a system running ok with Windows 10 with Vegas Pro 13..was wondering if its worth upgrading to it or not..

Mick

• Aaron Star

August 24, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Yes. I upgraded my Win8.1 system to Win10 and did not need to reinstall Vegas, it just works. I did install the latest AMD driver, and Realtek sound drivers. The audio I maybe did not need to do, since it was the same driver version as under 8.1. My system is fairly complex with Hyper-V running 2 VMs in the background, SQL, IIS, network monitoring software, and software RAID 1 across 8 HDD. All the extras migrated without having to reconfigure them.

• Joseph Tessier

August 24, 2015 at 10:20 pm

I did a clean install and had to reinstall everything. All is working perfectly!

J. Paul

Win 7 Home Prem x64 VegasPro 13

• Mick Cookson

August 25, 2015 at 9:45 am

Ok thanks guys , I have now sorted my other problem out. I will go ahead with the upgrade later, I have two pc’s telling me that my reserved copy of Windows 10 is ready for updating..

I have an old Epson printer attached to one of them and as far as I can see there are no drivers for it for Windows 8 or Windows 10, so I think my grand kids are going to get another cast off and I will get a new one…

Mick

• Steve Rhoden

August 25, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Worth it!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
    Film Maker & VFX Artist.
    Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
    Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
    https://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

• Ken Bennett

August 25, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Upgrading a PC OS version is always scary. They all have new bugs to deal with. Unless you are a PC guru and have plenty of time to “tweak” everything, I hold off as long as I can. In some cases I’ve had to reinstall every program and plug-in and basically start from scratch. When I bought my iMac I was amazed how fast and easy it was to move from PCland to Macland.

If you can tell me what advantages WIN 10 have over WIN 7 as far as video production and SVP13, tell me now.

Ken Bennett
    Video Adventures
    Capturing Your Life’s Adventures!

• Steve Rhoden

August 26, 2015 at 12:39 am

If you can tell me what advantages WIN 10 have over WIN 7 as far as video production and SVP13, tell me now
    There is no advantage where video production is concerned! just if one wants
    to experience a new interface with a few new features and the OS is stable
    and fast, what harm then to do it? Windows 8 was a mess, Windows 10 isn’t.

Would you still be using Windows 2000 now, even if all the
    software on it was still efficient and fast and Windows 7 wasn’t any
    faster? Im sure the answer would be no.

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

• Bob Peterson

August 26, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Personally, my machine is here to work. New experiences, such as hardware like printers which no longer work, are definitely not on my bucket list. There have to be solid benefits before I spend the time and money to upgrade a machine. I definitely do not need the problems that come when the OS is brand new. I let the pioneers take the arrows in the back, and wait for things to settle down.

• Aaron Star

August 26, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Lets see…hmm. There have not been any changes to Windows since 7, unless you consider these as changes:

Improved memory architecture:

Windows 7
    •Starter: 8GB
    •Home Basic: 8GB
    •Home Premium: 16GB
    •Professional: 192GB
    •Enterprise: 192GB
    •Ultimate: 192GB

Windows 8 & 10
    • Windows 8 – 128GB
    • Windows 8 Professional – 512GB
    • Windows 8 Enterprise – 512GB

Lighter weight OS overall that boots faster, much faster. On my configuration, once my system clears Bios checking, its only like 10 seconds to desktop. Basic OS load memory utilization actually went down on Win8.

Windows 8&10 include Hyper-V – win8,10,Server 2012 support dynamic memory support, OS like Unbuntu do not support dynamic memory.

Windows 10 supports DX12

Chrome, Firefox, and Edge all perform faster in 10.

Integrated AV

Improved device support, and improved OS update technology.

I will say that my printer from 2000 no longer auto recognized, and I needed to load an HP driver that was compatible manually. Not sure that is an HP or MS issue though. HP makes ****** products.

• Steve Rhoden

August 27, 2015 at 10:37 am

That’s an HP problem.
    I’ve continuously recommend upgrading to Windows 10 if one can. It’s worth
    it, good shortlisting Aaron.

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy