Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this? or can I replicate exactly? Thank you.

  • Which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this? or can I replicate exactly? Thank you.

    Posted by Amanda Duffield on November 3, 2016 at 2:48 am

    Hi,

    I’ve imported a video that has these settings:

    Format : Windows Media
    File size : 21.9 MiB
    Duration : 4mn 5s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 748 Kbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 1 109 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2016-10-31 09:50:25.486

    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : VC-1
    Format profile : MP@ML
    Codec ID : WMV3
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
    Codec ID/Hint : WMV3
    Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 388 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 484 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Nominal frame rate : 10.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Language : English (AU)

    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : WMA
    Format version : Version 2
    Codec ID : 161
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
    Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 9.2 – 320 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR
    Duration : 4mn 5s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 320 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 9.36 MiB (43%)
    Language : English (AU)

    I’ve added some titles and text over the top and now would like to re-render it in Vegas 13 Pro.
    When I drop the footage into Vegas it asks ‘do I want to keep the same settings’ (or something similar) and I choose ‘yes’.
    Then, when I render I try to choose ‘match project settings’ however it says it cannot do that.
    So, I then tried to manually make my own template using these settings however i wasn’t successful.

    Can anyone tell me which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this or, how I can make my own using these settings? I’m wondering if some things are labelled differently, I couldn’t replicate exactly.

    Actually, I just have to get this footage @ 50mb or less and still have the titles and text crisp and clear. This is actually my main concern – I don’t really mind what format it is as long as it’s ‘generic’, clear, and useable for downloading and then playing on teachers’ own computers/electronic-whiteboards.

    Once I’ve added the titles and rendered – I’m choosing the wmv options however they’re all rendering way too large.

    THanks.

    John Rofrano replied 9 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Francois Pénzes

    November 3, 2016 at 9:13 am

    Hi Amanda

    Anyway that you can post a screen capture of your Vegas render settings ?

    Cheers !

    PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

    \’\’When the cutting stops, the editing begins…\’\’

  • John Norton

    November 3, 2016 at 12:19 pm

    I assume u have already tried in render as .. tried selecting the = equals option?

  • Amanda Duffield

    November 4, 2016 at 12:23 am

    thanks. yes, I get an error message – something along the lines of ‘cannot match…’.
    Not at that machine work location today but will confirm when I can.

  • Amanda Duffield

    November 4, 2016 at 12:24 am

    thank you . yes. i will do that when back at that machine/workplace

  • Mark Barton

    November 4, 2016 at 2:07 pm

    You may need to take these larger Vegas renders and then use something like HandBrake to get to your final result. HandBrake has more options to match your final specs.

  • John Rofrano

    November 5, 2016 at 2:07 pm

    [Amanda Duffield] “Can anyone tell me which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this or, how I can make my own using these settings? I’m wondering if some things are labelled differently, I couldn’t replicate exactly.”

    Hi Amanda, You will need to create a custom template. To do this go to File | Render As… and under Windows Media Video V11 (*.wmv) select the 512 Kbps Video template as a starting point and press the Customize Template… button.

    Then make the following changes assuming your project is correctly set to 640×484:

    On the Video tab change:

    • Mode: Bit rate VBR
    • Format: Windows Media Video 9
    • Image size: (Keep Original Size)
    • Frame rate (fps): 10.000
    • Average bit rate (bps): 388 K

    Give the Template a new name and press Save to save it to your list. This should give you the original video specs.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasstsoftware.com

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy