Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › which codec to use when capturing 10 hours of footage

  • which codec to use when capturing 10 hours of footage

    Posted by Lee on November 21, 2006 at 12:46 pm

    Hey

    I am capturing 10 hours of material via composite off air. per day for 20 days
    The quality is not really a major issue ( VHS quality)

    Which type of codec do I use to spare hard drive space.

    I was using a blackmagic 8 bit codec want to use something to use less hard drive space

    Thanks

    Paul

    Ben Oliver replied 19 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ben Oliver

    November 21, 2006 at 2:36 pm

    dv? 12 gigs per hour or so.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy