Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › What happened to the Panel “Group Gripper” in CC 2014?

  • What happened to the Panel “Group Gripper” in CC 2014?

    Posted by Michael Shoppell on December 31, 2014 at 8:29 pm

    This thing in the upper right hand corner of grouped panels used to let you move all the tabs at once time. It was super helpful for redocking a group of panels in a floating window into another window. Now if you want to dock the panels again you have to move each tab individually. There isn’t a “Dock Grouped Panels” option in the menu drop down on the individual tabs and I can’t seem to find something that functions similarly to the group gripper. It’s still mentioned in the AE Help Workspace page.

    This isn’t a problem specific to one computer either. My computer at home (Window 8.1), at work (OSX Mountain Lion), as well as a local studio (Windows 8) where I’ve been freelancing all don’t have it.

    Is this a bug with the recent UI reskin? Or is this a purposeful change? I hope it isn’t because it really eats up my time when I have 5 panels that need to be moved at once.

    Michael Shoppell replied 11 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Todd Kopriva

    December 31, 2014 at 11:55 pm

    I answered your duplicate post here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1669749

    ———————————————————————————————————
    Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
    After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
    After Effects team blog
    ———————————————————————————————————

  • Michael Shoppell

    January 2, 2015 at 4:10 pm

    I appreciate the quick response.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy