Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Compression Techniques › Video on shopkick.com is high quality and under 5mb. How do I do that?

  • Video on shopkick.com is high quality and under 5mb. How do I do that?

    Posted by Sean Dominguez on November 7, 2012 at 7:06 pm

    Hi there,

    Thanks guys. Been browsing for the past few weeks and you have all been super helpful. My team is developing a mobile app and we’re going to have a video on our website. The shopkick.com website has a pretty fantastic video demonstrating their app and downloading it yields a file that’s 720p and 4.8mb. Pretty insane to me since all my files are huge.

    How do they do that and what can I do to make sure that the video I shoot and edit can be compressed to a comparable size? I just shot some video yesterday with a Canon t2i that I’ll be messing with in After Effects, but am going to get to the “real thing” soon.

    So what should I aim for and what tools can I use to get there? I use Final Cut Pro 7 for editing and AE6 for effects.

    Craig Seeman replied 13 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy