Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Vegas/Videostudio 9.0 not rendering video?

  • Vegas/Videostudio 9.0 not rendering video?

    Posted by Don Pelle on April 28, 2009 at 10:50 am

    Hey guys…

    I have this little problem. I decided to do this little video to my dad for his birthday (which is tomorrow). In the beginning I putted some cool background picture and some text. And music. Then I put some video.

    Okay, so here’s the problem. It doesn’t render video. It renders that background picture, music and text but not video. It just shows black…

    I tried different formats like .mp4, .avi, .mpg & .wmv. It didn’t work.

    I had vegas 7.0 some time ago with my old PC. So I know how to render. I also did some video clip of that same video Im doing now. It worked. It tooks me usually like 30-40 min to render. This time it looks like it even doesn’t try to render because it finishes in like 2-4 minutes.

    Please help me, I dont know what to do… Im frustrated, this video to my dad really means me (and probably to him too) a lot.

    ps. It is/was my first time using videostudio 9.0, am I just doing something wrong? Is rendering different in 9.0?

    Oh and sorry for spelling mistakes, im from Finland so english is not my native language.

    Don Pelle replied 17 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • John Rofrano

    April 28, 2009 at 4:34 pm

    What format are the video files that don’t render? i.e., what codec do they use?

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Don Pelle

    April 28, 2009 at 7:25 pm

    Hey, nevermind! My cousing told me what to do. Works now.

    I had to right-click the video clip in vegas and choose “disable resample” from switches.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy