Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Vegas Pro 16.0: an error occured reading the file.

• Vegas Pro 16.0: an error occured reading the file.

Steve Rhoden updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Eli Idsart

December 28, 2021 at 1:20 am

I was editing on my laptop for the first time, with all my footage and the .veg project in one folder on an external hard drive. Then I wanted to proceed with my project on my desktop, so I moved the external hard drive and tried to open the project on my desktop, but it wouldn’t open and gave an error message instead: an error occured reading the file. make sure you have read acces to the file/folder and that it is not corrupted. On both devices I have Windows 10 and Vegas Pro 16.0 installed. I can’t seem to find a solution for this and it really frustrates me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• john bolton

December 28, 2021 at 8:24 am

When you say you Moved your External drive I assume you mean I moved all the Project Contents and the Veg file to the Desktop into a folder or somewhere else. Need a bit more info

• Steve Rhoden

December 30, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Do you mean you moved the hard drive to another partition, or you copied the project folder to your desktop? Either way the problem is not with Vegas, but with you having somewhat relocated the contents of the project where Vegas is having a hard time locating what it needs to load it up, and that is what is throwing this error.

Try making sure that the ext. drive is using the exact same partition it was using on your laptop when all was working well.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy