Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Vegas 9, Windows 7. QT files doesn’t work

  • Vegas 9, Windows 7. QT files doesn’t work

    Posted by Oystein Loland on June 17, 2009 at 8:41 am

    I am trying out Windows 7 and have done so for a while. Before the RC 7100 of windows 7 I had no problems with Quicktime files, but now they don’t work anymore. (File not found and other errors). In mediaplayer they play fine, but not so in Vegas 9. Vegas reports that I have not installed quicktime (bull).

    I have also tried quicktime lite/alternative, but no luck.

    Any suggestions how to make QT files work in Vegas 9 and windows 7?

    Paul Verantes replied 14 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • John Rofrano

    June 17, 2009 at 2:07 pm

    If you are using the 64-bit version of Vegas you will need the 64-bit version of Quicktime.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Oystein Loland

    June 18, 2009 at 7:28 am

    It doesn’t matter what I use. Just the same problem in 32 bit and 64 bit Vegas.

    I believe it has something to do with windows 7 instead of Vegas. It seams that windows 7 64 bit just “chokes” quicktime. My quicktime version is 7.6.2

  • Paul Verantes

    November 14, 2011 at 6:40 pm

    I’m having the same problem too. Using Windows 7 32 bit and Sony Vegas 10. Was working fine for 1 week until after a render Sony Vegas started saying Quicktime wasn’t installed & subsequently won’t accept MOV files. Closed down Vegas, restarted the computer and tried opening any MOV with the Quicktime player but the stand alone player won’t run as well. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime multiple times with no success of getting the Quicktime player to work, let alone Vegas. H-E-L-P!!!!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy