Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Varicam 30p footage into Kona3

  • Varicam 30p footage into Kona3

    Posted by Invertase on November 9, 2006 at 7:55 pm

    Has anyone succesfully worked with Varicam footage shot at 30p in a Kona3 card w/FCP? If so how’d you do it?

    I can digitize the footage at 30p using the AJA Kona settings for 23.98 Varicam footage (by changing the framerate to 30) and changing the sequence settings to 30p Editing Timebase. And I can view the clips in my final cut windows, BUT the Kona card won’t play back the footage to my external monitor (SDI out through HDLink to an Apple Cinema Display). It holds on the first frame when I try to play.

    I’ve tried a bunch of settings and I can only get the Kona to play out to the external monitor at 29.97, 59.94, and 23.98. Has anyone had success with another frame rates?

    Thanks,

    Dillon

    Gary Adcock replied 19 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Gary Adcock

    November 9, 2006 at 8:46 pm

    [invertase] “I’ve tried a bunch of settings and I can only get the Kona to play out to the external monitor at 29.97, 59.94, and 23.98.”

    Unless you are working outside the US or have your Varicam set internally (deep in the service menu) to 60hrz , 30p is actually 29;97 so according to your post it seems that the card is working fine.

    gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy