Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Urgent help! 1080i60 to 1080p24 conversion for today

  • Urgent help! 1080i60 to 1080p24 conversion for today

    Posted by T. Payton on May 5, 2007 at 6:12 pm

    I’m in a bit of a bind. I’ve delivering a video Monday AM. I’ve got some drop dead 1080p24 interviews (Sony HDCAM converted to DVCPROHD) , but I need to incorporate some 1080i60 stuff I shot today on HDV (currently in Apple Intermediate Codec)

    I started using Compressor to convert the HDV to DVCPROHD utilizing “medium quality” settings in the advanced frame tab, but it was estimating about 1 day to convert the 1 hour of HDV footage. Yikes.

    So I used the legacy de-interlace in Compressor, and only took about an hour to transcoder the footage. Now at least I’ve got footage with the correct frame rate so I can edit, but holy cow the 60i to 24p does not look good. Super choppy.

    So I’m wondering about my options.
    1) Natress G Standards Conversions plugin?
    2) Final Cut? (I admit I didn’t even try this thinking it would look bad)
    3) Compressor?

    I’m only going to have about 5 minutes of final HDV footage in the project, but I need all the edit time I can get and need to keep this conversion time to a minimum.

    Thanks in advanced for some Cow help in a Saturday!

    – T. Payton

    T. Payton
    OneCreative, Albuquerque, NM

    Graeme Nattress replied 19 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jeremy Garchow

    May 5, 2007 at 7:31 pm

    Your options are #1, #3 (#2 won’t look good) and then you are going to have to wait for render times. I would tests with short footage clips with those options as well to see if they are going to work for you. Your other option is to run the footage through a Terranex converter if you can find one that’s available on Saturday.

    Jeremy

  • Graeme Nattress

    May 5, 2007 at 9:04 pm

    5 mins via my conversion plugin shouldn’t take too long. Email me direct if you need help. I’m around on a saturday. OK, i’m an email addict and around every day….

    Graeme

    – http://www.nattress.com – Film Effects and Standards Conversion for FCP

  • T. Payton

    May 6, 2007 at 4:43 pm

    Graeme,

    I got your demo. Seems like your conversion times are much shorter than Compressor. I’ve got a bit more time (half a day on Monday). So I will dive into it then.

    Thanks for your help guys.

    T .

    T. Payton
    OneCreative, Albuquerque, NM

  • Graeme Nattress

    May 6, 2007 at 4:48 pm

    https://www.nattress.com/Products/standardsconversion/movies.htm shows how to use the plugins, but any issues, just drop me an email graeme@nattress.com and I’ll help you out.

    Graeme

    – http://www.nattress.com – Film Effects and Standards Conversion for FCP

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy