- January 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm
I’m trying to upres but final cut doesn’t give me the option of playing back at 23.98 525. Help please!!
- January 22, 2012 at 12:08 am
Only the AJA KONA 3, AJA KONA 3G and AJA KONA LHi members of the KONA family of capture cards provide the ability to upconvert from SD 23.98 to 1080PsF 23.98. To upconvert from SD 23.98 to 1080PsF 23.98, you will need to do the following:
1. Be sure that the AJA Control Panel application is configured for the output of 23.98 in the Video Setup tab.
2. From your application, such as Final Cut Pro 7, you will need the video output of the application to be set for 525 23.98 with the 10-bit or 8-bit selection made appropriately for the footage you are using. 10-bit for formats like 10-bit Uncompressed 4:2:2 or Apple ProRes 422 codecs. 8-bit for 8-bit Uncompressed or DV, DVCPRO 50, etc.
3. In the AJA Control Panel application, go to the Format tab and set the Primary Format to 525 23.98 and the Secondary Format to 1080PsF 23.98. Depending on the output sent to your monitor or VTR, set the Secondary Format for the SDI and/or component output.
4. You may need to adjust the upconversion type based on your SD footage aspect ratio; there are a variety of choices for this in the Format tab.
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact AJA Technical Support, Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm PST.
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
- January 23, 2012 at 3:32 pm
I don’t see how to play back out of FCP at 525 23.98. Are you sure that’s possible? thx
Log in to reply.