Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Upgrade to 18 from 14?

• Upgrade to 18 from 14?

Don Cady updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago 6 Members · 15 Posts
  • Luigi Perrotta

April 8, 2021 at 7:24 pm

I upgraded from Vegas 16 PRO to 18 PRO Suite, I am not happy with it.

Vegas 16 could upload video direct from the CD player installed on the computer. Vegas 18 can’t. Magix support simply say Vegas 18 doesn’t support it, without explaining why Vegas 16 can.

Now my izotope audio effects I had on my computer for a year disappeared, Vegas sees the VST folder with the effects but doesn’t refresh it. The effects work fine in Sound Forge which came with Vegas 18. I sent a request to Magix for support over a week ago, I only received an e-mail saying they received the request. If the past is any indication this problem will not be resolved by them. I hope someone on this forum can help.

• Steve Rhoden

April 12, 2021 at 12:48 am

Luigi Perrotta, Who told you that?

Of course you can do that easily same way in Vegas Pro 18. The feature is just located in a different location…. Go to the “Project Media” tab, then beside “Import Media” there is a small drop down arrow, click on that and you will see “Import DVD Camcorder Disc” and there you go!

• Steve Rhoden

April 12, 2021 at 12:50 am

Don, this built in utility is located under “Help”, then click on “Check for Driver Updates”

• Luigi Perrotta

April 12, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Thank you Steve

After going back and forth for weeks they came up with this: see Magix response below.

It didn’t matter that I explained to them I was able to do it with Vegas 18 before. It didn’t matter if Vegas 16 is able to do it!

Now my Vegas 18 and 16 don’t refresh the VST audio effects anymore. I sent Magix a request for support a few weeks ago, I only received an e-mail telling me they received the request.

I can’t see how someone who makes video for a living deals with this kind of support!—–

Original Message—–<br clear=”none”>From: MAGIX Pro Support <[email protected]><br clear=”none”>To: [email protected]<br clear=”none”>Sent: Wed, Feb 17, 2021 3:50 pm<br clear=”none”>Subject: Re: [Ticket#2021020317006012]<br clear=”none”>

Hello<br clear=”none”><br clear=”none”>Thank you for your message.<br clear=”none”><br clear=”none”>The question was read and understood. This is unsupported operation for any DVD unless it is a DVD from a DVD camcorder, and the DVD is finalized in the DVD camcorder previous to importing. Commercial or burned DVD are unsupported for this type of import due to the reasons listed in the previous response. <br clear=”none”><br clear=”none”>Regarding the claim of “VEGAS PRO 16 on my computer I use the same process to import from the DVD in Vegas 16, it works fine!” – we realize users have been able to make this work in the past, but it is still unsupported operation. The function is called: Import DVD Camcorder Disc. <br clear=”none”>–<br clear=”none”>Best regards,<br clear=”none”><br clear=”none”>MAGIX Software GmbH<br clear=”none”>Eric Dettman<br clear=”none”>Supportmanager<br clear=”none”>Berliner Str. 13<br clear=”none”>01067 Dresden – Germany<br clear=”none”><br clear=”none”>Geschäftsführer | Managing Director: Klaus Schmidt, Michael Burdack<br clear=”none”>Amtsgericht | Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205<br clear=”none”><br clear=”none”>http://www.magix.com<br clear=”none”>

• Don Cady

April 20, 2021 at 5:40 pm

Thank you very much Steve. This is very helpful!

Viewing 11 - 15 of 15 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy