Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Upgrade to 18 from 14?

• Upgrade to 18 from 14?

Don Cady updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago 6 Members · 15 Posts
  • Rick Wise

February 12, 2021 at 6:58 pm

It’s been a long time since I used Vegas. But the time has come for some videos to post to Vimeo and/or YouTube. I have version 14. Is there any good reason for me to upgrade to version 18 for such a use?

Thanks!

Rick

• Edward Troxel

February 14, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Do you need any of the new features found in versions 15, 16, 17, and/or 18?

Any of the Vegas versions can make files that can be loaded to Vimeo or YouTube.

• Steve Rhoden

February 27, 2021 at 9:48 pm

If its just your regular output to Vimeo / Youtube, upgrading is not a must, you can quite comfortably continue using Vegas 14. You wont be missing out on anything really, if that’s your target.

• Rick Wise

February 27, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Thanks, Steve. Looks like 14 does the job I need.

• Sean Michael

March 14, 2021 at 3:30 pm

I upgraded to 18 from 13 (mainly to edit A7Siii files) and am regretting it. Most changes seem to be for the worse. It crashes much more frequently.

• Edward Troxel

March 14, 2021 at 7:09 pm

And we upgraded from 13 to 18 at Church and the new version is working great. All depends on many factors including the hardware, drivers, ram, video card, etc…

• Steve Rhoden

March 14, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Sean Michael, Check your system specs etc. Version 18 is much improved in so many ways, Vast improvements since version 13… However you gonna run into issues like what you are mentioning if your system is not up to the required specs or having conflicts from other drivers/software etc.

• Sean Michael

April 4, 2021 at 5:08 pm

Thanks Steve for your comments. I am still having the crashing issues with 18. My hardware is very powerful (desktop is a 16-core AMD Ryzen 9 with 64 GB RAM, laptop is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU with 32GB RAM) so I don’t think that is the issue. I have turned off GPU acceleration and maxed out the dynamic RAM allocation. Still crashes. The screen fades, the cursor starts spinning, and I get the dreaded “(Not Responding)” freeze. My only solution is to shut down everything and restart. The crashing happens every 15 minutes or so. I have set advanced save to save every 1 minute. I understand that there may be driver conflicts, but I do not know how to identify the conflict or change the drivers. Today I’m using my laptop, an Asus Zephyrus Duo GX550LWS-x579. I will doublecheck and update drivers, but again I don’t really know what drivers are causing the problem, or how to fix it. It would be helpful if Vegas at least displayed which driver caused the conflict.

• Steve Rhoden

April 4, 2021 at 5:58 pm

No, you should not be having any crashing issues with a system such as that, and i can certainly tell you that it’s the drivers currently installed on your system that is causing you this constant crashing issue.

Try using the Vegas built in driver download utility, to download the best driver for your system and see first if that helps!….. And don’t max out your dynamic RAM, keep it at default.

• Don Cady

April 8, 2021 at 2:56 pm

Hey Steve, where is the built in driver downloader located in Vegas? I would like to try that.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy