Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Unable to capture DV clips from Panasonic AG-AC160a camcorder

  • Unable to capture DV clips from Panasonic AG-AC160a camcorder

    Posted by Leonard Frankford on September 16, 2013 at 2:52 pm

    I have a Panasonic AG-AC160a HD camcorder that captures HD or SD (DV mode) to SD cards. I had to shoot something the other day in the DV mode. I am trying to capture the clips to FCP. The manual says to use the Firewire port, which I am doing. However, there is no icon on the desktop for the camcorder. The Mac doesn’t recognize the camera. No problems in HD mode with USB but I have to use Firewire for SD. Thanks.

    Leonard Frankford

    Leonard F.

    Leonard Frankford replied 13 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Leonard Frankford

    September 16, 2013 at 4:41 pm

    It works. I have to select log and capture just like the camera is a tape deck. Interesting. Thank you.

    Leonard

    Leonard F.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy