Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › This is why you pay more money for an AJA…

  • This is why you pay more money for an AJA…

    Posted by Dave Martin on February 9, 2007 at 4:16 am

    Just a note for anyone considering the purchase of an AJA…

    This afternoon I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Steve from AJA…I had a concern that my “big I/O” was not operating properly after a freelancer had used my suite last weekend. Steve ran through everything in a logical way but we couldn’t find the problem…finally he said “Try This”…

    I won’t tell you what the actual problem was cause I feel like an idiot (had nothing to do with the I/O) but suffice it to say “AJA tech support ROCKS”!

    I was told the tech support was awesome when I was considering AJA…and now I know it’s true!

    I’ll be purchasing a KONA 3 very soon…I’m a lifer!

    Thanks Steve!

    Tim

    Mark Beazley replied 19 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Bob Zelin

    February 10, 2007 at 5:06 pm

    It will never cease to amaze me, that AJA, with it’s TINY tech support staff, can handle all the support calls, with super hi quality people – while other companies, with ALLEGEDLY huge support staffs,take forever to get on the phone, and can’t resolve even the simpliest technical questions.

    AJA support is amazing.

    Bob Zelin

  • Lee Berger

    February 10, 2007 at 11:36 pm

    I second the motion that AJA has a wonderful support group.

  • Bob Zelin

    February 11, 2007 at 3:25 pm

    from the Creative Cow AVID forum –

    Name: Philip Coccioletti
    Date: Feb 10, 2007 at 4:25:22 pm
    Subject: Avid support, hold time nightmares

    Any solutions getting thru to Avid tech support would be greatly appreciated. Anyone with a close relative there… let us know!
    Trying to get thru to them since Wednesday of last week. We draw the line at a 1 hr hold.
    And yet they keep asking us to re-up on our assurance plan for the next year. It really is ridiculous and needs to be addressed ASAP!

    Look forward to meeting your relatives.

  • Bob Woodhead

    February 11, 2007 at 10:14 pm

    AJA & HUGE (aka Ciprico) – another EXTREMELY satisfied customer… It can be worth almost as much as the unit you’re trying to fix to have it working NOW.

    “Constituo, ergo sum”

    Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
    http://www.CoolNewMedia.net
    Quantel-Avid-FCP-3D-Crayola

  • Aaron Neitz

    March 6, 2007 at 12:14 am

    Totally… and not only that, they make great gear. The Io seems kinda expensive now compared to a Kona 3 card for the features… but man, our Io bays have never had downtime. Ever.

  • Mark Beazley

    April 4, 2007 at 8:17 am

    AJA has the best tech support I have ever experienced. Even more impressive in the fact that they help the “little shops” just as equally as the big ones. And I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue with our AJA IoLA that was not solved in under an hour. The only reason I even have weirdness is when the edit system travels. Other than that, it is smooth sailing 100% of the time. For such a versatile box, I am amazed that other companies charge what they do for lesser DV25 only bridges.

    -mark

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy