Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X The Final Cut Pro 10.4.9 update has dropped

• The Final Cut Pro 10.4.9 update has dropped

• Robin S. Kurz

August 25, 2020 at 4:44 pm

If you’re interested in seeing everything new and improved in Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor, including a LIVE Q&A chat with @Alex4D and myself during the premiere, then tune into the exclusive 75 minute video on everything you need to know about the #fcpx update!

Today the 25th at 9:45am PT / 1:45pm ET / 7:45pm CET! Any and all shares appreciated! ?

https://youtu.be/OrxTtG2ngcU

Cheers,
    Robin

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• Oliver Peters

August 26, 2020 at 1:01 pm

If you have an older machine, like a mid-2014 MBP, this will break RED footage, even after installing the new RED Apple workflow installer. No video visible from RED files inside FCPX. That series machine was the last with an Nvidia card. Even though it works with Metal with other apps and plug-ins, it doesn’t with RED after this update.

– Oliver

Oliver Peters – oliverpeters.com

• Doug Metz

August 27, 2020 at 9:07 pm

RED is working fine with my 2013 trash can… I did have to update the plugin first, though.

Doug Metz

Dalton Agency

• Oliver Peters

August 27, 2020 at 9:30 pm

My guess at this point is that the RED issue I am having was related to the Nvidia card in the MBP (the last in Apple’s series to include an Nvidia). I updated a different machine and RED files are fine, but Sony FX9 clips aren’t on either. The FX9 issue seems to be more widely mentioned.

– Oliver

• Doug Metz

August 27, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Makes sense. I don’t have any FX9 footage to test with, so I’m kinda in the dark on that one.

Doug Metz

Dalton Agency

• Eric Santiago

August 28, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Are we talking Catalina right?
    I have an older MBP with an Nvidia card but I think its mid-2015.
    Hope nothing breaks when I upgrade.

• Oliver Peters

August 28, 2020 at 3:06 pm

[Eric Santiago] “Are we talking Catalina right?”

I’m not. This is Mojave 10.14.6, which is supposed to be OK for FCPX 10.4.9. The RED files do not show up on this MBP. I also tested an iMac Pro also running 10.14.6 and RED files were fine there. Hence my suspicion that the Nvidia card may be the culprit. Maybe this would be fixed if I upgraded it to Catalina or maybe not. Roll the dice and let us know ☺

– Oliver

• Doug Metz

August 28, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Catalina on my trash can, fwiw…

Doug Metz

Dalton Agency

• Aaron Vazquez

August 29, 2020 at 2:29 pm

All my .R3D files are broken on Final Cut too. I have an 2013 MBP with an old Nvidia card. I can red them on Redcine-X, but they beachball FCP when I open it. This sucks.

• Robin S. Kurz

August 30, 2020 at 10:41 am

Personally, I wouldn’t want to edit RED on any of those machines, even if it did work. I have enough grey hair as it is, thanks.

Nor do I even get how anyone editing material from a $40.000 camera can’t use or afford a machine from so much as the last FIVE years. Just seems weird.

– RK

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy