- September 29, 2009 at 12:53 am
Took some time when i had the same problem. I dont use a tablet, just normal mouse drawing.
Anyway, to fix the problem;
1. Select the layer in layer listing.
2. Look at the ‘lock:’ option on layer listing at the top, its below the drop downlist with ‘Normal’, ‘Dissolve’ etc. and Opacity dropdown. The first option after ‘lock:’ is Lock transparent pixels. Make sure its not activated. Should solve your problem…
- January 21, 2011 at 4:46 am
Check if you are using Tablets , because the same problem I also faced , but when I remove Bamboo tool , eraser tool is perfectly working ..
check it out if possible.
- January 25, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Thank you. I was going crazy. I too, have the writing pad installed and when I unplugged the usb from the pad… my brushes worked again. Thank you, I was ready to pull my hair out when my paintshop brushes wouldnt work!
- December 6, 2011 at 11:04 am
DUDE AMAZING!! YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEM !!! IT WAS THE MODE: BRUSH that did it! I almost went crazy bananas there…
- December 11, 2011 at 10:15 pm
Thanks! You saved my life and helped me make deadline!
~May the force be with you.
- December 26, 2011 at 6:41 am
Also make sure your layer is not a vector – then the eraser tool will be blocked (crossed circle instead of the tool at the mouse pointer). Choose Rasterize from the layer menu – then the tool will work normally.
- May 31, 2012 at 3:31 pm
hi, had the same problem, thankfully I found this message and problem solved 🙂 thank you
- January 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm
IT IS 2015 already and your post still saves people from Photoshop CS6 DROWNING :-)))
Thanks a lot.
- January 9, 2015 at 9:40 pm
Using Painter 15 and my pens stopped working. Read this post, reset the tool (have to figure that is why they put it there just to cover “unforeseen” errors) and back to work. Thanks.
- May 5, 2015 at 1:20 pm
I think my Photoshop is different from your version. I don’t see the two “tool” options that you suggested to gain access to erasing again. By the way, I did finally notice that my eraser works until I decide to move anything or do anything else with the page, so I’ve learned to try and erase everything that I think I will need to before I do anything else. Unfortunately, there’s one page that has been permanently changed, rather than layered, and I don’t know how to enable the eraser. Thank you for your time and help!
Log in to reply.