-
Stabilising Rotation on ProRes 2k proxies for 5k output
Hello Everyone,
I’m working on a project and I need to stabilise a series of shots from the EPIC. We shot 5k, but I’m thinking it will be faster and smarter to generate the tracking data from 2k proxies and apply the keyframes before onlining.
The shots are of an empty horizon at sea, and I think I will stabilise using the inbuilt AE tracker.
Usually I precomp two vertical lines over the frames and then track the intersection of sea, sky and line. I learned this trick on the forum but haven’t been able to find the original post to thank the poster.Anyway, my questions are these:
Is the inbuilt tracker the best/fastest?
What are the pitfalls of generating tracking data from the 2k footage and applying it to the 5k?
Will there be deviations when scaling up?
Do I need to work out any trickery with the anchor points to compensate for the change is aspect ratio?
Should I forget the proxy idea?
Have you managed something similar in the past?Any advice would be much appreciated
Many thanks
Christopher