Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Sony Vegas Pro 12 crashes with certain files.

  • Sony Vegas Pro 12 crashes with certain files.

    Posted by Guy Sommers on June 26, 2013 at 7:37 am

    All right, so I’ve got these Japanese Blu-ray movies that I want to edit (For personal use.), but I have a problem: A lot of the footage in the clip is, apparently, bugged. I would open it in trimmer, and it would stutter or go black until the next scene appears. (Like if you’re using VLC and trying to jump forward in a .ogm video, the footage from the last frame will be stuck until the next scene. Same deal here, just black instead.)
    Shortly after that, it crashes. It doesn’t give me an error, it just says that it stopped working, and asks if I would like to report it. I can’t even add effects to it. Any time I open it up, the area where the footage is supposed to show is completely red. I tried opening it in Adobe Premiere, and it worked fine for some reason.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I’m using the latest build, and extracted the footage from my Blu-ray with DVDFab. (Worked fine with the other movies, so I don’t think that’s the problem.)

    John Rofrano replied 13 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy