Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Sony Vegas 12 all of a sudden won’t import m2ts or mp4 files

  • Sony Vegas 12 all of a sudden won’t import m2ts or mp4 files

    Posted by Ryan Crowley on March 28, 2013 at 10:47 pm

    All of a sudden my sv12 won’t import m2ts or mp4 files. I’ve recorded with a pvr for two years now and this is the first time it’s ever happened. It’ll let me import an mp4 file for example, but then when I try to import another, the whole thing crashes. Same as if I were to import an m2ts file, it’ll import fine, but as soon as I try to import another, it’ll crash.

    Mike Kujbida replied 13 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • John Rofrano

    March 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

    [Ryan Crowley] “All of a sudden my sv12 won’t import m2ts or mp4 files. I’ve recorded with a pvr for two years now and this is the first time it’s ever happened.”

    Some thing has changed. Either an update to your computer via Windows Update or installing other software, or something has changed with your PVR (have you updated the drivers?) Things don’t just stop working; something has to have changed.

    I would go into System Restore and look at the changes that have been made to your computer. Think of a day when it last worked and restore back to that day. Recent Microsoft Updates have caused lots of problems with DirectX applications. You may have been affected by this update. It’s good idea to keep Microsoft Automatic Updates turned off and only update after a full backup so that you can recover from any problems.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Ryan Crowley

    March 29, 2013 at 1:24 pm

    No, I haven’t update any drivers or had any windows updates either. I rendered the raw files (m2ts) to mp4 files, but rendered them in the wrong fps so I went back to re render them in the correct fps and now I can’t even import them. I’ll try a system restore and see what happens

  • Ryan Crowley

    March 29, 2013 at 1:36 pm

    I just system restored from when everything was fine and it’s still not importing the raw files anymore.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 29, 2013 at 2:34 pm

    This is a real stab in the dark but make sure the view in your project media tab is set to list or detailed, not thumbnail.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy