Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Sony Cameras Sony SXS Device Driver for Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.3?

• Sony SXS Device Driver for Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.3?

Bob Jackson updated 4 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Lee Denham

February 24, 2016 at 7:31 am

Hello,

We are using Sony EX3 cameras at work and I updated my 17′ MBP to El Capitan, from Mountain Lion, and now each time I try to update the Sony SXS Device Driver it messes up my entire computer so bad that I have to enter safe mode to uninstall version: 2.0.0.06260 I know that the UDF Driver has been updated recently, but I need the version that I mentioned before. I went to the Sony site at this link:

https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/mkt-recmedia/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-mkt-recmedia-downloads-upgrades.shtml

Is there anything that I am missing or do I just need to wait… Hope! … that Sony will make an updated driver for this?

Please let me know.

Best,

Lee.

• Adam Goddard

April 2, 2016 at 2:21 pm
  • 3 Create COW Profile Image

April 3, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Lee, that’s why I’m still on Mountain Lion, what was the reason you updated?

Michael Slowe

• Lee Denham

April 4, 2016 at 1:55 am

Because I wasn’t thinking and checked out Adobe CC and some others but missed that one. Also, I didn’t do a time machine backup so I’ve got what I’ve got… Why they can’t just do a simple driver update though is beyond me!!

• Bob Jackson

April 6, 2016 at 5:09 pm

I tried that a few days ago, and it completely ruined my whole system . Do not do it.
    I had to do a manual command “R” start to reset my complete computer to a few days before i did this “less than 1 mb” uff driver… Always keep a backup available.

vidiot

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy