- September 1, 2011 at 2:18 pm
Regarding the NX70, it might be a good compromise for you for the safari.
What people on this forum have said comparing it to the nx5u
1. Only 10 x zoom instead of 20x
2. picture looks same at bright light
3. Picture is worse than the nx5u in dim light
4. Smaller, therefore easier to pack
5. Water and dust resistant. (Would seem important on a safari)
6. Sound will be the same for either.
LeniCam Video Productions
- September 1, 2011 at 9:07 pm
Thanks John I intend to have a look at one do you have any idea how it would compare to canon fx105 or panasonic equivalent
- June 20, 2012 at 6:42 pm
Yesterday the same problem happend to me.
what do you know about this problem? why does it happen? have you fixed it?
- June 21, 2012 at 7:20 am
I have not fixed it yet. I have so much work to do with a camera, and i don’t have a time to go to the service. Advices:
– don’t turn off camera to often (I have to deal with more bateries)
– don’t use ACT steady, because if it is on, you will hardly turn on your camera.
– I have never expirienced situation when camera don’t turn on after several trying to turn it on and I pray it will never happend.
My assuming is that something is wrong with a optical steady motor, but maybe it isn’t. As long as it is working properly at the end, I am not willing to have it serviced and opened, because it might be like opening a Pandora box. Yes it is annoying, but you will get used to it. If you bring it to the service or something, please tell me is it too expensive, and hoe long it took for them to fix it.
Thank you in advanced
- June 26, 2012 at 9:55 am
Thanks for your answer. i’ll let u know when i’ll have the information.
all the best,
- August 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm
Hello to all!
I am very happy, because my NX5 is working properly again.
The problem was in some EPROM software that needed to be changed.
I took the camera to one local service, and he asked a help from SONY service in Budapest. They made all this working again.
Whole service cost me only 33 eur. I assume that was only for transporting costs to Budapest and back, and the Sony service was for free, because of their mistake.
However, thank you Sony, and thank you AVC service for fixing my camera!
- September 21, 2012 at 6:18 pm
hello, excuse my English ….
estube llelendo your case and also I have the same problem where I live there is a sony authorized dealer and I are saying the same thing that the first step is to update the software and that sometimes these camera have faults.
I wanted to ask if your case was resolved when updating the camera software.
- September 24, 2012 at 7:53 am
Yes, the problem is software.
Sony fixed it and now it works perfectly… don’t worry, your camera will work just fine after the refreshing the software
- September 24, 2012 at 7:17 pm
ok, thanks for replying ….
I’m more confident to take sony authorized service.
good any details you commented.
new mind thanks for replying
Log in to reply.