Regarding the NX70, it might be a good compromise for you for the safari.
What people on this forum have said comparing it to the nx5u
1. Only 10 x zoom instead of 20x
2. picture looks same at bright light
3. Picture is worse than the nx5u in dim light
4. Smaller, therefore easier to pack
5. Water and dust resistant. (Would seem important on a safari)
6. Sound will be the same for either.
I have not fixed it yet. I have so much work to do with a camera, and i don’t have a time to go to the service. Advices:
– don’t turn off camera to often (I have to deal with more bateries)
– don’t use ACT steady, because if it is on, you will hardly turn on your camera.
– I have never expirienced situation when camera don’t turn on after several trying to turn it on and I pray it will never happend.
My assuming is that something is wrong with a optical steady motor, but maybe it isn’t. As long as it is working properly at the end, I am not willing to have it serviced and opened, because it might be like opening a Pandora box. Yes it is annoying, but you will get used to it. If you bring it to the service or something, please tell me is it too expensive, and hoe long it took for them to fix it.
Hello to all!
I am very happy, because my NX5 is working properly again.
The problem was in some EPROM software that needed to be changed.
I took the camera to one local service, and he asked a help from SONY service in Budapest. They made all this working again.
Whole service cost me only 33 eur. I assume that was only for transporting costs to Budapest and back, and the Sony service was for free, because of their mistake.
However, thank you Sony, and thank you AVC service for fixing my camera!
hello, excuse my English ….
estube llelendo your case and also I have the same problem where I live there is a sony authorized dealer and I are saying the same thing that the first step is to update the software and that sometimes these camera have faults.
I wanted to ask if your case was resolved when updating the camera software.