- August 15, 2018 at 6:07 am
Shooting documentaries in India.
the EX1r needs some attention… especially the audio monitoring section.
I have had some unsatisfactory experiences with some Sony repair shops in Chennai., and read about horror stories in Mumbai.
Does anyone have a positive experience with Sony repair anywhere in India?
Or is there an excellent shop somewhere in Southeast Asia??? where I can ship my cam?
- August 15, 2018 at 7:37 am
i suggest contacting either a tv station or local international tv office (eg. abc) and asking where they get their equipment serviced.
is there no sony service center over there?
- August 15, 2018 at 10:09 am
Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, there are Sony service shops but reputations vary. Thus the inquiry.
Running tests today to clarify some issues with audio:
1. Sennheiser shotgun, Sure SM 58 and 57 good.
2. Lectrosonic UCR receiver to either ch1 or 2 will create loud hum. Receiver to cam via MC 100XLR short grey cable. Purchased with the Lectrsonics TX and Rcvr same time from BnH.
(I tested the wireless units via other audio gear and they sound good, no issues).
So it seems the wireless units are ok.
Something with the input xlr on the EX1r handle is malfunctioning.
so it goes.
- August 15, 2018 at 4:40 pm
By any chance is your phantom power turned on? That can cause problems for wireless receivers.
- August 25, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Thanks Blaise, but I checked and not an effective variable.
- August 28, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Try doing a RESET ALL from the special menu. I had an audio issue some years back on my EX3 and resetting did the trick. The EX1R is basically the same camera. I have one of those as well.
Log in to reply.