Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › DVD Authoring › Sony DVD Architect 5.0 Pro problems with Next button on Remote for DVD

  • Sony DVD Architect 5.0 Pro problems with Next button on Remote for DVD

    Posted by Romit Dodhia on August 5, 2013 at 9:56 pm

    Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum.
    I have Sony DVD Architect Pro 5.0 version and I have been authoring DVDs since March. I have this problem that I am stuck with.

    So basically the DVD has a menu with 6 videos and a link to sub menu 1 . The sub menu 1 contains 6 videos and a link to sub menu 2 with 2 videos. Each video is named Lesson 1 , Lesson 2 and so on.

    I have done end action, menu navigation and everything that was necessary. After I insert the DVD in the player.

    In the main menu I can play all the videos properly. While watching Lesson 1 if I press Next on the remote I can skip to Lesson 2 and same until Lesson 6.

    Once I play Lesson 6 and try to skip to Lesson 7 (Lesson 7 which is in sub menu 1) using the “Next” Button it doesn’t go to Lesson 7 but instead goes back to the main menu. I am having the same problem when I click “Next” to skip from Lesson 12 to Lesson 13 (Lesson 13 is in sub menu 3).

    I am attaching 3 all the screen shots so you can understand better. I have been trying to find solution for this problem but I am unable to find anything.
    Please help me out!

    This is the main screen shot of how I have the menu’s videos placed in Sony Architect Pro

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20956345/New%20folder%20%2815%29/page1.jpg

    These are the sub menu pages –
    Sub menu 1

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20956345/New%20folder%20%2815%29/energy2_submenu1.jpg

    Sub menu 2

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20956345/New%20folder%20%2815%29/energy2_submenu2.jpg

    Please please help me out!
    Thank you very much,
    Romit

    Romit Dodhia replied 13 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Romit Dodhia

    August 6, 2013 at 11:36 pm

    Any1? 🙁

    Now I changed the way of authoring it, So now I have created chapter markers and I merged all the movies into 1 single movie. My only problem now is I cannot have the end action to go to main menu. For Example if I am playing chapter 3 and I when I click Stop it doesn’t go back to main menu or anywhere. I just get a blue screen (more like the video is without end action) Even when I set the end action the chapters seem to ignore it. I can go to the end action only when I finish the last chapter. Someone please help me out! I really need to figure it out. I have been searching it on the internet but I am unable to understand how to do it.

    I am attaching the new screenshots
    Page 1 – https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20956345/page1.jpg (with chapter markers)

    Page 2 – https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20956345/page2.jpg (with the way the videos are placed in the menu)

    Thanks!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy