Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Shot in 1080i60 can it be loaded into FCP at 1080p30

  • Shot in 1080i60 can it be loaded into FCP at 1080p30

    Posted by Dave Hice on April 26, 2011 at 3:44 am

    If I shot my project in 1080i60 can I load it into FCP at 1080p30? The interlace judder is driving me nuts, I would rather have blur where there is some fast motion such fast waving of hands.

    Chris Tompkins replied 15 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Rafael Amador

    April 26, 2011 at 9:37 am

    [Dave Hice] “The interlace judder is driving me nuts, I”
    So deinterlace. You have a filter to do that.
    rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 26, 2011 at 10:40 am

    View your footage properly on an ext. monitor and your footage will look correct.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Dave Hice

    April 26, 2011 at 3:13 pm

    Thank you I’ll gi it a try.

  • Dave Hice

    April 26, 2011 at 3:16 pm

    Yes, I have JES_Deinterlacer_v3.6.2 and have not used it yet, I was hoping I was just doing something wrong. I am goint to try viewing the DVD on a TV to see if the problem still is an issue.

  • Rafael Amador

    April 26, 2011 at 4:58 pm

    [Dave Hice] “Yes, I have JES_Deinterlacer_v3.6.2 and have not used it yet, I was hoping I was just doing something wrong. I am goint to try viewing the DVD on a TV to see if the problem still is an issue.”
    But you must deinterlace the footage before ingesting in FC, or in the FC time-line.

    You can not render Interlaced footage in Progressive sequence: All will be wrong and you can not fix it later.

    So you can use “JES deinteracer before import, but then you will be processing all the footage.
    Is easier to use the FC’s De-interlacing filter in the sequence clips. You won’t need de-interlace the whole footage, but just the picture in the time-line.
    If you are applying more than one filter, the de-interlacer must go first.
    rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm

    Don’t deinterlace your footage, you’ll through away have your resolution.

    60i does not look right on a computer monitor. View it on a Broadcast/video monitor and it will look great in 1080i.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy