- May 3, 2021 at 10:44 pm
I want to create a scene that has many thousands of simple objects (probably small spheres or cubes) stuck to other invisible objects. I’ve spent the last few hours googling and I think the solution to my problem might lie in thinking particles, but I can’t figure out how to do what I’m trying to do. More specifically, I think I want to:<div>
- Create an emitter that shoots particles out in a straight line while rotating around its own axis. I can do this right now with pStorm and a null object connected through xpresso.
- Have the particles that get shot out actually stick (with zero vibration) to the object that each one of them collides with in exactly the same place where they collide.
- Attach some small geometry (a plane, cube, or sphere) to the stuck particle.
Can anyone point me in the right direction and/or give me specific ideas of what to try? Thanks in advance.
- May 4, 2021 at 4:52 pm
I figured it out. Here are the steps I was missing (sharing for posterity):
- Create a P Pass node in xpresso
- Create a PDeflector node in xpresso
- Hook them up
- Make a cube
- Make it editable
- Drag it onto the PDeflector node in xpresso
- On the deflector node, set bounce to zero
Log in to reply.