Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Shadow / Glow Creates Black Empty Space on Project on Vegas Pro 18

• Shadow / Glow Creates Black Empty Space on Project on Vegas Pro 18

Steve Rhoden updated 1 week, 1 day ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Sam Ackers

January 1, 2021 at 9:45 pm

I recently bought a brand new PC which was pre-built for me. Prior to this PC, I had no issues.

When I have multiple video tracks, if I use the Track Motion to make all images on that track slightly smaller, and have a background image on the track below, everything seems fine.
    However, when I enable 2D Shadow or 2D Glow, I get empty space around the project and it will show as the colour of the shadow/glow. Say if I have the shadow be blue, there will be a block of blue that follows the image around, rather than just having the shadow underneath the image.

I have realised that turning Off GPU Acceleration fixes this issue, however my 20-25 minute videos then take hours to render. This is a brand new PC and I surely shouldn’t be having these issues, yet it seems to stem from my graphics card being selected on GPU Acceleration.

My graphics card is a AMD Radeon 5700 XT. I never had this issue with an older card on my old PC (Radeon R7 370). Surely I should not be having thsi issue with a newer card.

As far as I know, all my graphics drivers are fully up to date according to the Radeon Software.

Any help would be great as I can create my videos and render them but I do not want to have to sit and wait for hours upon hours for it to finish when it could take 30 minutes with GPU Acceleration. Keep in mind I am not very tech savvy.

Thanks.

Sam

• Steve Rhoden

January 9, 2021 at 11:31 am

Still, try using the new automatic built in driver update utility in Vegas.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy