Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Seamless “360” non-vr Comp for an on site gallery projection

• Seamless “360” non-vr Comp for an on site gallery projection

• Nimrod Zin

March 3, 2021 at 7:41 am

Hi,

I have a project where I need to use 6 video projectors set for a rectangular room (Just walls. No ceiling or floors).

I want to create a seamless “Swirl” movement of lets say clouds… I’m creating a long strip that I will then split in a media server and blend between the projectors.

I’m a bit out of ideas regarding how I can create the right/left edge of strip to meet for creating a seamless visual. It’s not great deal of problem for static images or for up/down camera movements. But I can’t figure out what is the technic for a horizontal circular movement…

Any Ideas?

• Walter Soyka

March 3, 2021 at 10:43 am

If you’re working in a 2D workflow (non-VR like you mentioned), I can see two approaches that would work:

1) Add a 7th virtual display to help you work over the seam. Duplicate, offset, and parent elements that span the real seam so they appear on both the 1st and 7th displays, and this will ensure they render correctly into the seam.

2) Work in two main compositing layers. Build out your 6-display strip and do all your cloud work there, disregarding the seam. Then, precomp it all, apply the Offset effect and shift the seam into the center of the comp, and work in new clouds over the seam to hide them. Just be sure to keep this second layer of work away from the edges of the comp, otherwise you’ll create a new seam in a different place!

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy