- June 16, 2017 at 1:12 am
We are pleased to announce the release of DaVinci Resolve 12.5.6. This is a no cost update for existing customers and you can download from https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor … and-fusion
Please note that this releases includes a mandatory firmware update for the DaVinci Resolve Micro and DaVinci Resolve Mini panels. The panel firmware cannot be downgraded to an older version once it has been updated and It will no longer work with older versions of DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Studio.
• Added support for decoding multi-part EXR files
• Added support for Optimized Media for Stereoscopic 3D clips
• Added support for remembering bars vs. wheels when pressing Primaries on the panel
• Added support for Fast Forward and Rewind by repeatedly pressing forward or reverse playback on the panel DaVinci Resolve Micro and Mini panels
• Added ability to adjust LCD brightness for the DaVinci Resolve Micro and Mini panels
• Added ability to adjust button brightness for the DaVinci Resolve Micro and Mini panels
• Added support for Color Boost in 3D LUT generation
• Addressed an issue where mattes would not be media managed correctly
• Addressed an issue on Linux where the DaVinci Resolve Advanced panel would sometimes fail to connect
• General performance and stability improvements
- June 16, 2017 at 3:13 am
Wow, that’s really great — much appreciated, Peter.
- June 16, 2017 at 3:18 am
Has Resolve enabled sub-frame audio editing in either 12.5.6 or 14.x? I had trouble editing out “ums” and “uhs” from some interviews in Resolve 12 — had to go back to FCP7.
- June 16, 2017 at 11:13 am
With v14 you can edit audio at sample level
- June 16, 2017 at 11:56 am
[Peter Chamberlain] “With v14 you can edit audio at sample level”
That is fantastic. Is that in the Edit pane or do you have to be in Fairlight World?
- June 16, 2017 at 2:18 pm
My understanding is that the Fairlight world is a page inside the Resolve world. Haven’t actually even downloaded a beta of 14 yet, just attending a lot of demos, waiting for a reason to move on… that and completing a number of projects. I will likely build a new system and make a clean break.
“I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.
Log in to reply.